I've currently got a laney VC15 and I'm pretty satisfied with it when used in combination with my pedal board, but have the opportunity to pick up a harlequin second hand for fairly cheap.

I was wondering whether it's worth upgrading to the harlequin for the sake of £100-£150 on top of what I could get for selling the VC15?

I'll be living in a terraced student house this year with neighbours, and I'd rather not be receiving noise complaints when cranking my amp.

I don't gig at the moment, so the low wattage of the cornford isn't really an issue for me, but the lack of effects loop/built in reverb might be a bit of an annoyance?

Also, will the cornford ever clean up and sound nice? As much as I love that screaming lead sound, I'd like to be able to get some decent cleans?

So, keep the VC15 or splash on the cornford?
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
any more opinions?
FOR SALE:

Offers/Trades anyone?
I have no constructive comments, I think 'hell motherf**king yes!' is sufficient.

How cheap is 'fairly cheap'? If you mean the 20W Harlequin, that's a massive steal.Assuming you mean the 6 watter, anything under ~£400 is good.

Also see if you can find a good price on a Cornell Plexi 7.
Last edited by kyle62 at Oct 2, 2009,
I've played that amp it was pure sex. You can def hear and feel the quality. I wouldn't worry about the cleans. Also, 'most' effects run fine up front. I was real big on 'needing' an effects loop and now most all of my pedals, including the modulating ones, are up front. Additionally, like you, I was worried about not having built in reverb, but a nice ananlog reverb or delay pedal will fix that.

As far as what to sell your Laney for, I'm not sure. I'd ask in the 'So you leik Laneys' thread or use the link in my sig to look it up and find the going used rate.

Also, ping Dave_MC if he does not see this. He knows his Cornfords.

Good luck,
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Oct 2, 2009,
The one i'm looking at is £350

It's the 6 watt version.

Only reasonably priced cornell plexi 7 i can find is £100 more than the harlequin.

anyone else?
FOR SALE:

Offers/Trades anyone?
i haven't tried the harley, but I've tried the carrera. Depends on what you're after, really. i thought the carrera's cleans weren't amazing, but the dirt sounds a lot better than the vc15's dirt. bear in mind it's going to be really loud cranked, too, in a terraced house. if the preamp gain sounds good enough for you on its own, that's not a problem, but it will be if you prefer the sound cranked (or even semi-cranked).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
snagged a harlequin for £350.10 on ebay, local too, so no shipping fees

expect a NAD thread soon
FOR SALE:

Offers/Trades anyone?
sweet, i hope you like it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?