Heya guys.

I've read several reviews on the Vendetta, but most is first time owners and you can't really go by what someone with no experience says in a review. I currently own an Ibanez 540s (back in the days they put the s behind the number, there is pics in my profile) which I love to bits. But it isn't versatile in the sense that I can quickly change tunings, because of the Floyed Rose floating bridge.

So I want another guitar, relatively cheap, that I can play rhythm and more bottom heavy stuff. Something with a string through body, or hard tail. Preferably dual humbuckers. I can get a pretty good deal on one new.

So my question is, has anyone played one? What are they like? Worth the money? Compared to what?
Ibanez 540S, Randall RG50TC, Blackstar HT-DISTX, Ibanez TS-808
well heres what i'd do.... go on rondomusic.com and look at the douglas spad...
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1990.html
24 fret and a set neck. plus all the other things you listed.

or anything else from there is gonna be great. you could save up 200 and get a al-2000. they are beautiful.
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Never heard of Douglas Spad guitars though, but that thing is beautiful. Wow. Looks atleast 3 times it's price.
I wouldn't mind the Vendetta 4.0, as it is the higher end Vendetta. But the diffrence in quality between the 4.0 and the XM should be uncomparable.
I own a XMT, it was like my "Stepping stone". I first had a strat copy, then the XMT, now a Ibanez 350DX. I picked it up at my local music shop for jsut over 160 sheets. Its got a huge grunt, and it ha a good feel to it. Great beginner/next guitar as then neck is fair bit thinner than most starter guitars. Awesome value for the money.
'Always outnumbed, never outgunned'
PSN + XBL: Jimsworthy

Charvel So-Cal ProMod Black
Ibanez RG350Dx W/ Duncans
Blackstar HT Stage 100
ASshdown 4x12
Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah II
I actually want a thicker neck, I currently play on an original wizzard neck. It feels like a ruler. I like it, but I want a bit thicker neck on this. If all fails I'll wait untill another bargain comes along. I'm more seriously considering replacing my bridge humbucker to either a Seymour Duncan SH-14 George Lynch Screamin' Demon or the DiMarzio Tone or AirZone. Ahhh choices.
If you locate Screamin' Demons, let me know. I seriously need that pickup.
'Always outnumbed, never outgunned'
PSN + XBL: Jimsworthy

Charvel So-Cal ProMod Black
Ibanez RG350Dx W/ Duncans
Blackstar HT Stage 100
ASshdown 4x12
Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah II
Wouldn't matter my friend, I'm in South Africa.

Try this site http://more.take2.co.za/moreusa-seymour-duncan-sh12-screamin-demon-pickup-b0002d063g.html

It's for South African customers but there should be a global variant. I tried .com as the portal but then you find children toys and ****.

EDIT, that is more or less 100 pounds.
Last edited by WantzChas at Oct 2, 2009,
Hey man, I have had some experience in guitars, been playing for the last 11 years and I just so happen to own a Vendetta XM. I bought this cheap guitar solely for the purpose of smashing it onstage. I for the most part own high end Fenders so it would be a shame to break one of those This guitar is pretty cheap but it does have a very nice sound for the price. Right after I bought it I plugged it in and started playing just to see what it could do. I must say, I was quite impressed. The bridge pickup does rock/hard rock/ metal pretty good. (When I tested it I played "Lip Gloss and Black" by Atreyu) The neck pickup however is as bad as the bridge is good. Not a huge fan, good thing I never use a neck pup. This guitar is an average blues guitar. It sounds ok but def not my first choice. I'm pretty sure this guitar was never built for such applications though.
As compaired to other guitars in its price range (Squier, Ibanez, Epiphone) I'd say it sounds better by far with just the stock pups.
I bought this guitar over 2 years ago with the intetion of ending it's life a week after purchase but for some unknown reason I just can't bring my self to bust it.
Thanks a lot for the feedback. Got sold unfortunaterly, or fortunately I don't know yet.
Wow, for once there's a thread with the Dean Vendetta XM AND the Douglas Spad in it and it wasn't made by me!

I am also curious about the Dean Vendetta XM guitar, but this would be for my first guitar.
Quote by WantzChas
Thanks a lot for the feedback. Got sold unfortunaterly, or fortunately I don't know yet.

im serious.... go check around rondo.....
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Quote by zeminion
im serious.... go check around rondo.....

That would be useless, he lives in South Africa not the USA. If he ordered from there, he would get slaughtered by shipping cost.
Quote by darkcheef
That would be useless, he lives in South Africa not the USA. If he ordered from there, he would get slaughtered by shipping cost.

The shipping is about the same as the guitar. Slaughtered? Nah, Ass raped.