Soooooooo i has this BC Rich KKV that im selling to a guy in Sydney (but money has not been transferred) and i sold it to him for 350 (which is bargain even though its an average guitar )

The story is that he works for the promoting company of the big Slayer/Megadeth tour coming up so hes getting the guitar signed backstage. Its just been announced that Kerry King is doing a signing at my local music shop in Perth WA (AUS)

If i got a signature on the guitar would it be worth more than its current state/easier to find a buyer than before?

Cheers
I wouldnt pay more for it...but some people might.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
yeah sure
"When I tried to play something and screwed up, I'd hear some other note that would come into play. Then I started trying different things to find the beauty in it."
-Dimebag Darrell
You might be able to get a little more money for it with a signature, but you'll have to make sure to have a Certificate of Authenticity and photo of the signing if you want to get more.

A signature probably won't make much of a difference price-wise, as it essentially turns the thing into an ornament rather than an instrument. The KKV is for Slayer fans who are guitarists and want something to play. An autographed KKV is for Slayer fans who might be guitarists but really just want something to hang on the wall.
Yes. They cost more. Hell, just having Gibson or Fender on the headstock makes it more expensive ;-)
Yesterday is History; Tomorrow is a Mystery; but Today is a Gift; That is why it is called The Present.
Quote by wetrx95
Yes. They cost more. Hell, just having Gibson or Fender on the headstock makes it more expensive ;-)

^^^

On topic: I would say it depends on two things:

The quality of the guitar, and the fame of the autographer in question.

If Eric Clapton signed a Walmart First Act, then yes, it will be more valuable.

If the guy from Creed signed a '58 Les Paul, then no!

Everything else falls in between.
In your case, with a cert. of authenticity, I would say yeah. A little.
if u can get pics of him signing it or something, then ebay it, the value will certainly go up. especially with a guy like him and all these little metal kids wanting to be like him, or some 40 year old guy with a **** ton of money and was a fan back in the day.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
It shouldn't matter who signs it, it's still the same f u c k ing thing, just with some perament maker added to it.

A piece of **** is still a piece of **** no matter whats done to it.

If Clapton found a turd laying on the ground and etched his name into it, it's still a turd.
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
Quote by Phil Collins
It shouldn't matter who signs it, it's still the same f u c k ing thing, just with some perament maker added to it.

A piece of **** is still a piece of **** no matter whats done to it.

If Clapton found a turd laying on the ground and etched his name into it, it's still a turd.

go away. its a collectors item to some people. and like him or not, hes a huge name in metal. we never said its going to be a million dollar guitar. he asked if the value will go up...will it? absolutely.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
so from what i gather ill get it signed and take some snappy snaps of him doing it...wheres the best place on the guitar to sign and pen to do it wih
im assuming its a black guitar? get a silver sharpy and have him sign on the front, like maybe under the bridge, and make it readable when ur holding the guitar sideways (neck facing right/left, not up). and def get pics of him signing it, to add at least a little authenticity to it.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Quote by cmalmo4
really depends on the buyer and how much they like the player

This, I've seen guitars sold with signatures on them for ridiculously low prices (Dellinger for $1100usd) and still no one buys them. So there is a genuine market for those guitars but usually it's a small market.
My Carvin will be signed by George Lynch tomorrow.

Not really because it will make the guitar worth more, just because I think it'd be badass to have a signature on there
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com