hello there.
anyone knows what is the diference between the spider valve 100hd and the spider valve mk2?
thanks.
The Valve MK2 basically has a few more amp models. and some more effects to choose from such as compressors and stuff. i believe you can also control the level of those effects as well.

You really should have grabbed an HD100 while they were still 450.
Now you may as well buy an MKII since in most places they are only 100 more than the HD100.

Though the MKII is basically a rip of the Vypyr. IMO. Vypyr is still better.

But if you can find a cheap HD100, grab that because you probably wont use any of the new amp models except maybe the diezel herbert, but it will still sound like a line 6 amp.

Anyway as i was saying get an HD100, and look into the SVpre mod by Strymon which is basically an all tube preamp circuit for the SV series amplifiers that really kicks it up a notch and improves the sound.
Makes it more organic/less digital.
good luck.
already have the hd100, didnt know that line 6 came out with another one..kinda sucks, i just bought this one(last febraury)... another question..i always use the setting "Rigg" do you know if there is another one "heavier"?..
Thanks for your help.
P.S which one you think is better? (to play metal/blackmetal)
another thing what is the SVpre mod Strymon
Last edited by Dommiel at Oct 2, 2009,
I wouldn't know. I don't use any of the presets, i made my own.

this is the SVpre
http://www.strymon.net/products/svpre/

basically the HD100 has a
digital preamp that goes to tube preamp converters that goes to tube poweramp

but with the SVpre installed it becomes
TUBE PREAMP to Tube Converters to Tube Power amp.

More of a real tube tone/response and less of that digital bull****.

Plus if you replace all your tubes for Gold pinned JJ Teslas you can probably get a tighter darker sound, good for black metal.
Quote by ShestShestShest
The Valve MK2 basically has a few more amp models. and some more effects to choose from such as compressors and stuff. i believe you can also control the level of those effects as well.

Anyway as i was saying get an HD100, and look into the SVpre mod by Strymon which is basically an all tube preamp circuit for the SV series amplifiers that really kicks it up a notch and improves the sound.
Makes it more organic/less digital.
good luck.

Doesn't the MKII come with a valve preamp?
Installing the SVpre is pretty hard if you don't know what you're doing. If you make a mistake, it could be fatal since you're dealing with extremely high voltage inside the amp.
I'd recommend taking it to a professional. Shouldn't cost too much.

The deal with the HD100 and the MKII is they have a Solid State digital preamp that leads to tube preamp converters and then to tube poweramp.
The SVpre replaces the solid state digital preamp with a single tube preamp that leads to tube converters that leads to tube power amp. Eliminating the solid state from the amp and improving the sound tremendously.