Hello all,

Well, i have this great american std strat that it's really a good value BUT i find the color (black body, white pickguard, maple neck) to be too common and i always end up gasing for other rarer guitars...

Not only that, i mostly play death metal, it sings ok with a super distortion in the bridge and a good EQ but i've lost the sparkling clean tone, DGilmour style...

I know it's something i have to decide for myself but i'm been thinking for the past weeks and can«t really focus on practice instead.

Basically, i'm asking for suggestions about changing the looks and also the playability to the sound i want. Would really appreciate any help. Thanks
I checked those metalic made by fender... too bad they were like 60e
Last edited by morkeg at Oct 2, 2009,
clear pickgaurd!
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
you could use the neck pickup or the middle pickup for your clean tones and use the super distortion for metal tones. If you really want to use the bridge pup for clean tho then you'll probably need to coil tap it.
My Gear:
MIM Fender Strat HSS

My Influences:
1) David Gilmour
2) SRV
3) Jimmy Page
4) Jimmi Hendrix
5) Slash
You don't coil tap it, you coil split it. However a better option would be to install an on/on switch to switch from series wiring to parallel, giving you the same tone as a coil split but it will remain nosieless.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
hmm, that sounds good but should be troublesome.. i'll check it out thanks
definitely a black pickguard with black pickups. one of the cooler color combos i've ever seen!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Here's My Strat............I like blk on blk
Quote by mmjohn
Here's My Strat............I like blk on blk

Jesus, an XXX Combo, Budda amp, two strats and a Gibson Studio? O:

You're making me jealous here.
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
What about a red (crystal like) picguard and black knobs. Change it to a HSH setup.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Red pearly scratch plates look good on black strats with maple necks.
Get some black knobs too.
Also wear it in, no two guitars will wear the same
I love white guitars!