Is there a way I can make tablature without having to resort to Microsoft Word?

If so, do tell.

BTW, I need to know this because I have to compose the guitar parts to my songs by next year.
Proud user of Apple hardware!
Old, terrible powertabs

Quote by whoomit
Don't start, or I'll logic you right in the thyroid.
guitar pro 5.2, does everything including playing it back at you once you have composed it, including time signatures, tempo, write in either standard notation or in tablature, the whole works (just don't expect a great sound from it lol)
Quote by freighttrain
guitar pro 5.2, does everything including playing it back at you once you have composed it, including time signatures, tempo, write in either standard notation or in tablature, the whole works (just don't expect a great sound from it lol)

this is no exaggeration. it does EVERYTHING
CARPE DIEM

Quote by Butt Rayge
Hot chicks love it when you hit them.

If you don't hit them, you're weak.

GEAR:

ESP ECLIPSE-I
MARSHALL JCM2000 TSL601
DIGITECH RP250
Guitar Pro, Tuxguitar, Powertab are the tree main tabbing softwares. GP is the best out of the three.

If you can't use those, you're left with Word, Openoffice, or notepad. Or, the good old fashioned pen and paper.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Power Tab is an amazing program, but Note Pad and just an ordinary piece of paper are also usuable alternatives. Guitar Pro 5 seems to have eclipsed Power Tab in terms of popularity these days, so you might be interested in looking into that first. I personally prefer the latter, but that's probably because it was the first software I started out with.
Guitar pro is amazing. There is no exageration above. Power tab however is free to download, making it #1 in the poor mans department. there both pretty easy to pick up on using and will cause a lot less headaches than using note pad. Note pad versus Word though, notepad wins.