Hi guys, I own a epiphone sg g 400 custom (3 humbucker)

First, I have a question about strings..
I use d'addario 0.10's, I like it but when I do full bends on the little E string, it looks like its gonna break, so I always **** up on bends cuz I get afraid of string breaking :/ I'm no amateur, I know how to do it hehe

I wonder if I change the strings to higher calibre this will be solved..
But wont get too heavy? I use standard tuning only..

Now about the pickups...
I still have the stock pickups, I'm planning to put a SD SH-5 on bridge and leave the others as they are...
But the SH-5 has ceramic magnets, while the stock pickups are alnico. Will this give me any problem?

The other thing is: the pickup selectors are like this.. position 1 neck+middle, 2 all, 3 middle+bridge. I wonder if is there a way I can make the selectors go like: 1 neck, 2 middle, 3 bridge. Cuz I use a single channel amp, and I'd like to leave neck pickup for cleans (volume down), middle for rhythm distortion (volume all way up, as the pickup aint that hot), and bridge for lead tones...

Thanks in Advance.
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
up
Quote by Junnage

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
buceta
Quote by Junnage

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
I wouldn't worry about your strings there, as long as they're properly stretched in and the guitar is actually in good working order then you shouldn't have any issues, even with the gilmourish 2 tone bends Just go for it, you should be fine!

...and with your pickup Q, not my specialty unfortunately
try .11 strings but when changing the strings over try doing some crazy bends. It mite surprise you how much you can bend it and maybe give you more confidence in future.
Dont really know a lot about pickups types but there is a thread somewhere about amps/pickup types that should help you out.

Meanwhile i think there will be some sort of volume drop when changing from one pickup to another but not sure.
Also with the switch question is it a 3-way blade or toggle, If its a blade i think you can change it to a five way and incorporate all of those different combinations, You should however be able to rewire it in some way i think.

Try to listen to someone more experiencced as i dont know a great load about this.

About pickups, do you really want that pickup or have you just gone for the best known passive pickup maker. Have you looked at Dimarzios, Bare Knuckles, etc? they make some wonderful pups
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Last edited by riflesndaisies at Oct 3, 2009,
@hmmm_de_hum: haha thanks anyway man

@mikey_360: I broke an E string last week, but it was 3 month old. as I have a new extra one now I'll try this bendings. thanks!

@riflesndaisies: I think this volume drop will be somehow interesting for me, as long as the bridge pickup gets a higher volume. btw the only pickups I look at were the SD's. I play pop/rock, punk, but I do lots of solos. Kinda of foo fighterish tone I'm after. Do some Dimarzio/Bare Knuckle or other pickups come at your mind that can do this sounds?

@Led Dirigible: thanks!
Quote by Junnage

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448