So I sold the ol' Traynor YCV50Blue cause I saw this deal I couldn't pass up....

A peavey Transtube 258EFX! I got if for $1000 (CDN), and thought it was such a great deal. It must have some special tubes or something, that make it worth this much... but damn it's awesome!

But I also got this other amp.... it's alright I guess. It has a seperate "cabinet" for speakers, which is just plain annoying, and I need to run a cable between this "cabinet" of speakers, and this amplifier? WOW NOT FUN.
It has this rattling noise at the back, something is moving around... long glass cylinders or something. I don't know why they are there. Here is a pic...

It's also huge... and got this cool chrome front though... check it out...

Hey, you can see my drums!

Family Shot:

The entire family:

It sounds great.... I'll be changing the cab though, since I only got it cause it was such a deal haha, since I can sell it and make money...
It's awesome though!
Gear
Ibanez JS1200
Agile 3000M w/ Emg 81/85
Takamine FP450SMC-SB
Peavey JSX w/ Saxon 2x12 (Eminence Governor's)
Line 6 M13
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez TS9DX
Hnad!!! Cliporz plox..
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
HNAD, man! Looks like fun, especially with your taste in guitars. I think that amp will suit your needs nicely.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
CONGRATZ...........HNAD!!!!!
D00000d, HNAD too!

Hehe... your amp has a shiny faceplate!
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Ha Ha

Something told me you didn't get a transtube......but a JSX

HNAD

And damn, those pics take a lot of time to download. Can you just use the (Invalid img) tags off imageshack to post? Or something. Resize to 680 x800 or whatever first tho. lol

gratz dude
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Oct 2, 2009,
sick man! that's quite the jump in gear value you got there.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Cool, I like JSXs, nice sounding amps.

HNAD.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Nice!!!
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Yeah the head was only $700 (CDN) which is an absolute steal, considering it usually sells used for $900 +. The guy was selling the cabinet for $400 seperate, but if I bought both, he gave me a $100 dollar discount... so head and cab, only $1000 (CDN again).
And yeah the transtube was my very first beginner amp, I still have it kicking around, trying to sell it now actually. The YCV50 was my amp after that... and now I'm pretty set for a while.
Yeah sorry I never re-sized the picture, they are huge, its a 10 MP camera... sorry bout that.
And I thought the picture where you could see the drums in the chrome was cool... maybe not.
And I don't know if I can get any clips yet, I really don't have any way to record, other than my laptop mic or a usb mic.
And I haven't found a perfect tone yet (obvs) my clean doing is doing pretty good, as is my crunch, but I haven't mixed around with the ultra much yet. Anybody got any good settings to use, for a warmer, smoother high gain? (NOT METAL)
Thanks guy!
Gear
Ibanez JS1200
Agile 3000M w/ Emg 81/85
Takamine FP450SMC-SB
Line 6 M13
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by DTay47

Yeah sorry I never re-sized the picture, they are huge, its a 10 MP camera... sorry bout that.

For me anyway, the pics were loading way too slow, I gave up. Laptop was running slow at the time though.

I don't like people being able to get into my on-line pic folders so I lock them and then just post the (Invalid img) tags so the pic posts up on a forum. There should be a setting in there so that every time you upload a new pic, it automatically re-sizes it to whatever you want. 800 x 600 is good. Just sayin.

As far as the ultra channel have you tried with the gain down to like 10 oclock and push the mids? IRC the JSX has an active EQ so it will take some fiddling.

Are you the guy that was looking for an Ampeg cab? I take it you are no longer?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
For me anyway, the pics were loading way too slow, I gave up. Laptop was running slow at the time though.

I don't like people being able to get into my on-line pic folders so I lock them and then just post the (Invalid img) tags so the pic posts up on a forum. There should be a setting in there so that every time you upload a new pic, it automatically re-sizes it to whatever you want. 800 x 600 is good. Just sayin.

As far as the ultra channel have you tried with the gain down to like 10 oclock and push the mids? IRC the JSX has an active EQ so it will take some fiddling.

Are you the guy that was looking for an Ampeg cab? I take it you are no longer?

Yeah I just got my imageshack account, so I didn't fiddle around with anything... I'll remember that for next time though!
And I haven't tried the ultra with gain down at 10 o'clock... I feel that destroys the purpose of the "ultra" channel, as my crunch channel would have the same if not more gain.
And yeah active eq is freaking weird. At least its not on the clean channel, so I found that tone pretty easy haha.
I really like the crunch tone I'm getting right now, its really tube-y, if that makes sense.
And I was looking at the ampeg cab, but the only info I got was that it could have two different celestions, and the guy selling it never e-mailed me back saying what speakers it had, so I guess thats kinda gone.
I think I'm going to get a Mesa Stilleto/recto 4x12, or an orange 4x12, as V30's are bomb with the JSX. I can't really find any obscure cabs (framus, engl etc.) around here (used) as it is Canada.
Gear
Ibanez JS1200
Agile 3000M w/ Emg 81/85
Takamine FP450SMC-SB
Line 6 M13
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez TS9DX
Drop some LSD and stare at that JSX for hours!

HNAD!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
DTay, I realize these are not that close to you but they were fresh on my clipboard.

Good luck,

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/msg/1400201876.html

Avatar 212 with Hellatone 60s $250
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/msg/1400166844.html

Marshall 212 with Celestion Vintage 30s $300
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/msg/1400166844.html

Bogner 212 cab $500
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/msg/1394127652.html

Splawn QuickRod and matching cab $2000
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/msg/1397099089.html

Mesa Stiletto Trident and Mesa cab $2,100
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/msg/1394079222.html