as some of you know, i recently bought a SG G-400 with emg 81/85s for 212 $
(as an added bounus its from the custom shop at epiphone)
BUT!
somthing happened to the neck,\
and so it looks like this
http://www.dbeweb.com/guitar/images/Neck04.jpg">http://www.dbeweb.com/guitar/images/Neck04.jpg
This is not my guitar, but it has the same crack. It is a alittle bit deeper though.
there is also some damge to where the headstock meets the neck.
What happend?? (i think the package was twisted.)
and how mutch is this going to cost to fix/replace?
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
where did u buy it? how did it come shipped? if its from a reputable seller, u can probably return it. if not, file a claim with the carrier.

sorry dude, sounds like a great guitar.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Call them up and say that it was shipped broken or was broken in shipping, they should replace it for free. Thats if you ordered it from the manufacture, if you got it from ebay or something like that then your kinda in a bad spot. I dont know or a shop. how much it would cost to fix that, mabey a couple hundred dollors. But it prolly wont play up to the standards you hoped for afterwards.
yeah
its sweet
it came packed in the gigbag
then with 2 layers of small buble rap
than enough packing peanuts to fill the rest of the box, and make al gore think that the ice caps were re-freezing
if i had to make a gess ups or the guy picked the guitar up by the head.
and we (me and my dad) took a lot of pictures (him being a reputable seller from eBay) and sent the to the guy from ebay
he said that there would be no returns,
but
we still emailed him.
we also filed a claim with UPS
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Link don't work for me.. But it sounds like the neck needs to be reglued properly in the neck pocket.

New or Used? If new send it back for another. If used contact the seller or carrier. If he shipped it without insurance. It's his fault. It should have been insured. If he did insure it contact the carrier and file a claim.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
good. sometimes "no returns" means u cant return it if u dont like something. there may be leway if it actually broke. and def file a clain to UPS. was the package insured?
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
and i dont think im going to fix it,
im just going to get another neck for an sg somewhere, and give it to guitar center and say
"replace"
or just do it myself
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
sh*t.

yeah like that guy, if you bought from a good dealer you probably could get your money back, if not, sorry i can't help

i feel your pain
slightly off topic but does epiphone have a custom shop? i emailed gibson and they said no do u have a way of contacting them?
Its a common story with Gibson based guitars, thats why I will never own another again, Ive had 2 LP's standards do that. Gibson with what they charge for their guitars and as long as they have been making them you would think they would have a basic understanding of the science of Wood and the grain patterns but they don't so they continue to produce over priced turds. In a side note though the Gibson V's and explorers Don't seem to have that problem and are the only 2 Gibson guitars I would recommend to anyone. Other than that the rest are just Junk, Over priced, Over hyped.
ok i lied
i actull payed 192
but thats just details (212 was with shipping)
and i looked on ebay (can you tell i like it?)
and it looks like i can get a neck for an sg
for about 50-70 bucks

25 or 6 to 4!
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by DimeLvR
Its a common story with Gibson based guitars, thats why I will never own another again, Ive had 2 LP's standards do that. Gibson with what they charge for their guitars and as long as they have been making them you would think they would have a basic understanding of the science of Wood and the grain patterns but they don't so they continue to produce over priced turds. In a side note though the Gibson V's and explorers Don't seem to have that problem and are the only 2 Gibson guitars I would recommend to anyone. Other than that the rest are just Junk, Over priced, Over hyped.

The exception is with somthing like is with a vintige guitar
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII