My local shop is having a MASSIVE sale next week and I have the opportunity to get something really special at 60% off. My music tastes and situations are starting to change and I no longer really require a 4x12 but the sturdyness and sound of the engl cab keep holding me back from offloading it.

Should I sell my ENGL 4x12, buy a marshall 1936 2x12 and with the remaining cash buy a nice acoustic or something better suited to rock seeing as my tastes are beginning to sway towards that kind of stuff?

ENGL Screamer: 50 watts at 8 or 16 ohms
Marshall: 8 ohms mono; 16 ohms stereo

Works alright aye?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Last edited by howey at Oct 2, 2009,
I don't know. If it were me I would hang onto the ENGL. Your call though. If you don't use it then I guess there isn't a point in keeping it.

If you want I could take it off your hands. For free you say? I couldn't possibly. Well if you insist. Lol. Just Kidding.

Think it over hard before you decide if you are going to get rid of it.
I'm trying to think it over but I need to make the decision by monday so that I can confirm with the buyer and have about $1200 and get something really nice. I'd love to buy a nice maton or a tele, perhaps even a slightly store damaged/demo model PRS... actually that would be awesome!
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD