I've just bought a new tiny terror, when i turn it on i get a loud (even though the volume is on minimum) horrible crack sound, is there some easy way to fix this?
Read the title again. Please. I laughed.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

It's between you, user_nameless, me, and my split personality
I like kittens
SHUT UP NO ONE ASKED YOU!

Proud member of the UG Shred Mafia. P.M. godofshred to join.

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

PAROXYSM.
I've heard that if a resistor's fitted onto jacks and switches popping like that will be eliminated. I'd wait for more electronics gurus to show up and verify this.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by user_nameless
Read the title again. Please. I laughed.

This isn't the Pit. If you want to make immature jokes without actually contributing to the thread, go back there.

TS, I've actually heard of this problem before with a friend and, iirc, he had to fit a few resistors in. Can't remember where though.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by deftonesordie
I've heard that if a resistor's fitted onto jacks and switches popping like that will be eliminated. I'd wait for more electronics gurus to show up and verify this.

Sometimes. Not in this case. There are tricks to cut down noise using resistors. But you shouldn't have to do it on a production amp. Does it only do it when you first switch it on? Is the TT still under any type of warranty?
Last edited by Matt420740 at Oct 2, 2009,
Quote by Matt420740
Sometimes. Not in this case. There are tricks to cut down noise using resistors. But you shouldn't have to do it on a production amp. Does it only do it when you first switch it on? Is the TT still under any type of warranty?

yes it is, I bought it today. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something simple. it seems like there's a loose connection, it does this even though the cable isn't in.. so it isn't my cable or guiter.
Now tell me, am I very unlucky, or are these **** quality?
I'm not a big Orange fan, but they are well made amps. Check to make sure the tubes are seated properly. Wiggle them in their sockets and press down to make sure they are getting good contact. If that doesn't help I would take it back.
Quote by Matt420740
I'm not a big Orange fan, but they are well made amps. Check to make sure the tubes are seated properly. Wiggle them in their sockets and press down to make sure they are getting good contact. If that doesn't help I would take it back.

I'm not going to get a shock am i? Btw, now it just doesn't make any sound at all.
Quote by Nugi
I'm not going to get a shock am i? Btw, now it just doesn't make any sound at all.

No, it won't shock you if you touch the tubes. Sometimes during shipping the tubes can get rattled and lose contact on one of the pins. Just make sure they are all seated properly in their sockets. Like I said before, If that doesn't help I would return it.