I like/love rock/blues/jazz/folk music. I'm often the more softer player for chords and mabye play melodys really soft then belt out stuff for more heaver, noticable sounds.

Any recomendations?

Ive normally used these nylon jim dunlop 1.00, all black...
"Been Dazed And Confused For So0 LoNg ItZ n0T Tru3"

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
well jazz III's just to get those out the way

but in terms of getting different dynamics (loud/soft) a lot of that relies on your technique, just use a pick you are comfortable with
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Last edited by USCENDONE BENE at Oct 2, 2009,
dunlop jazz III. perfect for every genre i play mostly metal put they also work really well for jazz. tbh though there isn't a right plectrum for a genre
Hm, suppost there isn't Hetfieldjr!
I'll experement, i'm going out tomorrow, i'll get some picks.

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
there is a difference between plecktrums, thinner ones are better for strumming while thicker are are better for picking and speed. every genre has its fast and slow moments
I'm a more slower player, although jazz is a pain having to do those "runs" through scales to reach a different note :p

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
If you can buy individual picks, just try some different one out until you find one that you like. I don't know how much they are in Scotland but they can't be too expensive. Other than that, Jim Dunlop Jazz III. I started out using Dunlop Stubby 2.0mm but after trying Jazz III's, I've never went back. They work for everything from neoclassical speed metal to classical.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Junior#1, i appreciate your reply and further improving my thoughts on buying this "god-like" pleck, may you be kind enough to post a kind of photo?

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
I'd say Jazz III XL;s, Dunlop Tortex 1mm's. To be honest though, go and try some. they're cheap.

Also, kudos on the Yamamoto avatar. Bleach FTW.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Oct 3, 2009,
I don't like John petrucci, if i'm thinking of the right person.

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
Here's a link to the Jim Dunlop picks. I've tried most of them, but for me I found that small, sturdy picks more than big, thin picks.

Jim Dunlop picks
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
I deteste speed to be honest, i feel speed is more for show.

Thank you my freind

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
Purple Tortex 1.14mm...perfect for everything
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
really steven? do you mind sending me a link to something about these?

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
I don't really have a link lol, I just started using them in 1993 and have never looked back. I personally could never get on with Jazz IIIs, they're just a little bit too small and fiddly for me.

These ones http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jim-Dunlop-Tortex-Standard-1-14mm/dp/B000Q85NHG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1254574935&sr=8-1
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i use .88's. the green tortex ones. they are perfect for blues, rock, and country
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Got myself some jazz III's.

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
Yes i like, doesn't feel like any other plecktrum tbh.
I love how precise i can strum with it/

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
Nice choice. Anything else usually gives you a "wakka" sound. These picks make only the sound of the attack which is great.