Hi all,

I am fairly new to playing guitar. I have probably 2 years of practice and such under my belt, but I am to the point where I need to start playing some scales faster and such and I don't feel like my pick-ups are good enough to pick up some of my finger taps. There is a large drop off in the sound when I don't pick while tapping through scales.

Is that due to my pick-ups?! I am not technical with guitar's yet, and I am self-taught so I don't have any advice from an instructor.

I have a BC Rich Warlock with the factory pick-ups in it. Should I change them? And to what?

I play music such as Metallica, Megadeath, Ozzy, Black Sabbath...pretty much any rock from those era's, so it's pretty heavy.

Also, my guitar sucks at picking up harmonics, is that due to a probably crappy pick up?

Thanks for you opinions ahead of time.
Well some would argue that your technique is more important. I can squeal and tap all over my epiphone special 2. Just practice. But others would say, yea, change them. Or crank the gain. Get higher output pick ups.
I don't really know **** about this, but I think it's more likely that you just need to practice more.
Practise more. You can get loud pinch harmonics and perfectly clear tapping out of an acoustic if your technique is good enough. Pickups (and amp, gain, and all other electronic factors) have next to nothing to do with it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.