So I've got a MIM Fender Stratocaster with very thick gauge strings on it (.013 .017 .026 .032 .040 .052) and the string tension from these is so high it pulls the bridge almost all the way up to the highest position, leaving almost no maneuverability. I have four springs put in the back and I've tightened the screws on the plate behind the springs as far as I could with a screwdriver without stripping the screws. Theres still a bit of room for them to go in further and I have room for 1 more spring. so....
1. What could I use to get those screws all the way in to make the plate as flush as possible?
2. If I were to both put in another spring and get the plate all the way back, would that even get the bridge to be level? If not is it possible with strings this thick, and if so how?
Strat>Interstellar Overdriver>Little Big Muff>Supersonic Fuzz Gun>Crybaby Classic>Crybaby>VP Jr. (TU-2 tuner out)>Electric Mistress XO>RV-3>E-1005 w/ Footswitch>DD-6 (stereo out)>DL-4 w/ Expression Pedal>Stereo Tremolo>Headrush>Fender Deluxe 85(2x)
Do you want to be able to use the trem? And you can increase the pressure of the springs you already have by angling them, rather than putting them in straight.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by klysandral
So I've got a MIM Fender Stratocaster with very thick gauge strings on it (.013 .017 .026 .032 .040 .052) and the string tension from these is so high it pulls the bridge almost all the way up to the highest position, leaving almost no maneuverability. I have four springs put in the back and I've tightened the screws on the plate behind the springs as far as I could with a screwdriver without stripping the screws. Theres still a bit of room for them to go in further and I have room for 1 more spring. so....
1. What could I use to get those screws all the way in to make the plate as flush as possible?
2. If I were to both put in another spring and get the plate all the way back, would that even get the bridge to be level? If not is it possible with strings this thick, and if so how?

I think you have to consider, that you are asking the Trem to do something it was not designed to do.

It was never designed to be used with .13's on it.

If you want to use these size strings, I suggest you block the trem.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!