Page 1 of 2
So scientists say the universe is expanding. What is it expanding INto?
Other universes? Are we tiny little pieces inside an atom of an atom, into infinity?
We're always talking about how things are smaller or larger, but what if everything is infinitely small?
I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I wanted to hear the pit's opinions/ludicrous theories on it.
Quote by fretsofthebeast
*grabs rifle*
so let it be written so let it be done..........

Quote by SOADrox429
You shouldn't hit your drummers. You're supposed to be nice to them, or they'll be scared of you.
My massive balls intellect.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I can't take anything you say seriously with that avatar
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
It's expanding into still mass. The expanding energy/etc. stuff is able to merge into it and further expand the universe.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
If I fart in space,

Does it still smell?
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Quote by Momentosis
It's expanding into still mass. The expanding energy/etc. stuff is able to merge into it and further expand the universe.

How can we know that for sure?
Quote by fretsofthebeast
*grabs rifle*

Quote by SOADrox429
You shouldn't hit your drummers. You're supposed to be nice to them, or they'll be scared of you.
Quote by drummersRsmart
How can we know that for sure?

Become a ghost or some metaphysical being?

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by Syndromity
If I fart in space,

Does it still smell?

Yes.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by Vauxite
Yes.

But how?

I though space was a vacuum with no air.
nothing can come from nothing, so where did all the matter that's in the universe come from in the first place.
Quote by The_Casinator
There's Mc Donalds. Just Mc Donalds, nothing else.

And we are but mere pickles in a never-ending big mac.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by The_Casinator
What about Starbucks?
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
itll keep expanding, everything moving away from one another, and soon, itll just die out into a cold. dark. empty. large space. :S

its not expanding into something, its moving away from everything.

thats just one of the theories though. many other possible explanations.

went to an astronomy talk few months ago. fascinating stuff.
Quote by -NOFX-
What about Starbucks?

Got McDonald's coffee.

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by Syndromity
If I fart in space,
Does it still smell?

Quote by Kensai
My massive balls intellect.

Quote by The_Casinator

Quote by -NOFX-
What about Starbucks?

Quote by Momentosis
Got McDonald's coffee.

Quote by Stentroll
And we are but mere pickles in a never-ending big mac.

Quote by fretsofthebeast
*grabs rifle*

Quote by SOADrox429
Last edited by drummersRsmart at Oct 2, 2009,

Me, Kensai,Casinator > Your Thread.
Quote by Syndromity
But how?

I though space was a vacuum with no air.

you put the air into it by farting, so you can smell it. if the methane and other particles don't freeze/vapourize instantly from the extreme temperatures in space

and whats on the other side of the universe... i bet that once scientists fully understand the Higgs-Boson particle, they will realize that there is an entire universe inside. And that our entire universe in located inside a Higgs Boson particle in another universe, expanding infiniitely in both larger and smaller directions. that would confirm the infinite universes theory too

very nice and easy to comprehend, i like my idea
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Seriously, this is a really epic topic, I'm deeply interested by it...
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by Syndromity
Me, Kensai,Casinator > Your Thread.

I see someone has issues...
Quote by fretsofthebeast
*grabs rifle*

Quote by SOADrox429
Quote by The_Casinator

except in north dakota.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
If you care about the answer to that question, when applied to anything, you may as well give up. Knowing anything is quite the impossibility.

FACT:

2+2=4
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by pwnerer
No, because we are much bigger than atoms.

You missed the concept and flew into a dumpster. You have 2 attempts remaining.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by drummersRsmart
So scientists say the universe is expanding. What is it expanding INto?
Other universes? Are we tiny little pieces inside an atom of an atom, into infinity?
We're always talking about how things are smaller or larger, but what if everything is infinitely small?
I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I wanted to hear the pit's opinions/ludicrous theories on it.

A man called god and his sheep named manni.

The universe is expanding into gods natural habitat, slowing destroying his grazing grounds. If man continues to pursue this aimless encroachment, then gods will have little chance of survival. At last count, there are only about 5000 gods left; making them one of the most endangered species on our planet.

Brothers and Sisters, we must stop this needless expansion and live in harmony with gods; treat them as equals and realise that we share the universe with them.

I urge you all to subscribe to monthly donations to save endangered species, and together man, fish and gods can coexist peacefully.

Thank you.
think of the universe as a two dimensional world that exists on the surface of a balloon, everything is two dimensional and all that can be perceived is two dimensional, but a third dimension exists, and when the balloon is inflated everything moves apart along the plane of the balloon, but nothing new is created, it is just becoming larger.
Quote by MossyMan
A man called god and his sheep named manni.

The universe is expanding into gods natural habitat, slowing destroying his grazing grounds. If man continues to pursue this aimless encroachment, then gods will have little chance of survival. At last count, there are only about 5000 gods left; making them one of the most endangered species on our planet.

Brothers and Sisters, we must stop this needless expansion and live in harmony with gods; treat them as equals and realise that we share the universe with them.

I urge you all to subscribe to monthly donations to save endangered species, and together man, fish and gods can coexist peacefully.

Thank you.

Baa~

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
If you care about the answer to that question, when applied to anything, you may as well give up. Knowing anything is quite the impossibility.

yeah i hate when people try to shoot down an argument by saying "well you don't know that!" or "how can we know for sure?" haha

maybe the other side of the universe is an anti matter universe actually, that would make sense... matter has density, and it is therefore affected by gravity, so it *should* all gravitate towards itself, in the centre (our universe) and antimatter (i'm assuming that its properties are different to our matter in all respects) would therefore gravitate out, away from itself and everything else, to expand and infinitely take up the space outside our universe.

so, scientists, where did all the antimatter go after the big bang you say? "Oh ho, i'm a scientist and according to me and my big boy brain, there should have been an equal amount of matter and antimatter at the occurrance of the big bang, anything else defies physics!!"

yeah, well i found it haha outside our universe.

i wonder if that makes any sense...
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Last edited by poopsmith666 at Oct 2, 2009,
Quote by SRVNumberOne
think of the universe as a two dimensional world that exists on the surface of a balloon, everything is two dimensional and all that can be perceived is two dimensional, but a third dimension exists, and when the balloon is inflated everything moves apart along the plane of the balloon, but nothing new is created, it is just becoming larger.

This kinda but he didn't really answer the question. I might have to ask this question in my next astronomy class. There's a whole shpeal on dark matter that is pushing the universe apart which we can't see so I would guess it's something like that. In turn, you're basically asking what the universe is in and that, I don't think we know.
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't fret man.
Quote by osXtiger
You missed the concept and flew into a dumpster. You have 2 attempts remaining.

No I didn't miss the point. I understood what he meant. But he is technically wrong.

We have defined an atom. So our conception of the atom means that we can not be part of an atom, as we are waaay bigger than it.

So I guess you missed my argument and flew on my cock... You are more than welcome to give me a complimentary reach-around.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Good job. You took a basic literal understanding of what I said and proved me wrong.

But really, bro, math is a bunch of abstractions -- human ideas that obviously hold true. I'm talking the physical world.

What if they were cupcakes?

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by The_Casinator

Don't forget the Starbucks..
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by pwnerer
No I didn't miss the point. I understood what he meant. But he is technically wrong.

We have defined an atom. So our conception of the atom means that we can not be part of an atom, as we are waaay bigger than it.

So I guess you missed my argument and flew on my cock... You are more than welcome to give me a complimentary reach-around.

no, i don't agree with this. We as humans have "defined" an atom, but that is only the atom in relation to our existance. In another universe, of course they could have what we call atoms, in relation to *their* own existence.

if the infinite universe theory is correct, then there are an infinite number of universes that have atoms like ours. because there are infinite possibilities.

i dunno, its all very hard to wrap ones head around. The smartest people in the world don't even know, what did you expect to get out of the pit?
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Page 1 of 2