It is about that time to replace the stock tubes that my 6505+ came with. I want to do this myself this time. Usually I have a tech do it but I have realized that if I can learn how to bias the tubes, that I could do it. So my first question is, What tubes should I go with. I have been thing of a pair of JJ 6l6's. My second question is, How hard is it to bias my 6505+ and how do I do it. Please let me know. Thanks everyone!
if you like the sound of the amp i would replace the tubes with similar ones, biasing is pretty easy you will need something like a biasmaster and there are plenty of instructional vids on youtube to help you
www.eurotubes.com

dont worry about biasing that amp. its biased really cold so you can pretty much pop in any tubes without worry. the reason why is because peavey doesnt want the owners to be able to mess up the amp by messing with it. it isnt fixed biased because you can adjust it but there isnt any need to. i have a 6505+ and ive never had a problem with the amp after switching the tubes with no biasing
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Unless your amp is bias modded, you don't need to bias it. The 6505+ has a very small bias sweep stock, most people will recommend you just put it at the highest setting and leave it. It will still be biased too cold, but it will be better than nothing.

JJs work well in Peaveys, though they can make it sound pretty dark.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Shoot for a matched quad on Ebay. They are super cheap, but just stay away from the chinese ones.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
So the general opinion I am getting is go with a matched quad set of JJ's and do not worry about biasing them?
Quote by mesaschecter09
So the general opinion I am getting is go with a matched quad set of JJ's and do not worry about biasing them?

That looks to be the G.O.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Quote by ConfederateAxe
Shoot for a matched quad on Ebay. They are super cheap, but just stay away from the chinese ones.

Well, i don't think the chinese ones are bad.

Shoot for the Russian ones though
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE