When I play fast fingerstyle it has a very strong Triplet feel. How do I get more of a consistent style strumming that doesnt sound like it stops every three strums. Both across strings and on one strings.
What I plan to do is play REALLY slow consistently while tapping my foot and try to get a perfect smooth sound.
you have to learn to play with more legato. when i play up a scale real fast i rely alot on my finger strength and only pick the first note of each triplet. metronome is a good call and work on alterante picking slowly up and down until it sinks in
I've been really thinking about getting a metronome but a question on single string consistent plucking. Do the professional go Index->middle->Ring->Index->middle->ring
OR Index->middle->Ring->middle->index->middle->ring

I just tried the latter and I'm not to sure whats more consistent or efficient for that matter
Quote by Thepredster
I've been really thinking about getting a metronome but a question on single string consistent plucking. Do the professional go Index->middle->Ring->Index->middle->ring
OR Index->middle->Ring->middle->index->middle->ring

I just tried the latter and I'm not to sure whats more consistent or efficient for that matter

It depends on the rhythm and how fast you're going. A typical classical tremolo is played in a repeated pattern of A-M-I (ring-middle-index) with your thumb playing notes in between each triplet. Unfortunately, I can't do a classical tremolo, so I make do without it.

Anyway, for slow-moderate speed playing on one string, I just use whatever finger is designated to that string. For faster stuff, I either alternate between middle and index or thumb and index depending on which string it is and what else I have to do simultaneously, use my index nail as a pick and tremolo pick "normally", or don't play it at all because it's too fast and I can't do an A-M-I tremolo.
your plan is good. play slow with a metronome. once you can play a few things through consistently at a slower speed, you can speed up a bit - still with the metronome. this will not only make you play more consistently but will help improve your timing

Quote by Thepredster
When I play fast fingerstyle it has a very strong Triplet feel. How do I get more of a consistent style strumming that doesnt sound like it stops every three strums. Both across strings and on one strings.
What I plan to do is play REALLY slow consistently while tapping my foot and try to get a perfect smooth sound.