So the soldering for the wires of the cable input for my Ibanez RG2EX1 broke. How much do you think this would cost to get replaced at a local guitar shop (Harrisonburg, VA's Guitar and Amp Center if anyone knows it)? Or do you think that if I can find a guy I/a friend knows that can solder and do it free that that will work?
It won't cost that much I'm guessing to solder some stuff. If the guy who can solder it knows what hes doing with the guitar, then it'll be cool.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
It's a very simple repair. Should only take a minute to do once the soldering iron warms up.
Just make sure that the wires are placed so that you can slide the jack back in place on the guitar without disrupting them.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
buy a soldering wire for 10 bucks and do it yourself. its reallly really easey to fix
It's a super easy fix. I've done it to my tele twice. Takes <5 mins including prep and clean up.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Soddering is ridiculously easy. do it yourself.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
I remember taking it in before and my local store wanting 20 something dollars and they said it'd take a few days. DON'T DO IT.

It's cheaper and easier to do it yourself.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.