I've owned my ibanez RG4EXFM for almost a year, but due to my lack of knowledge of adjusting guitars and the fact I was scared to destroy it, I hadn't played it for months. A couple month ago, I had it adjusted and I started playing it again. By then I had gotten a better and really started to shred on it. But the volume control knob is in the way. Annoyingly so. What suggestions are there for correcting this problem? Thanks dudes
He's no good to me dead-Boba Fett
Quote by Schism1985
You'll have to remove the volume pot, find a piece of wood to glue into the empty hole, sand down the entire guitar, drill a new hole for the pot somewhere else within the range of the control cavity, then refinish the guitar.

What if I just switch the volume knob where the tone is and take out the tone knob? Ill keep it at full since I don't change it at all, or AT least not this guitar
Quote by buddyboombotz
What if I just switch the volume knob where the tone is and take out the tone knob? Ill keep it at full since I don't change it at all, or AT least not this guitar

that'd work.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by Schism1985
He'd still have a gaping hole in the front of his guitar...

true, depends how picky he is about the appearance. i'd just throw some tape over the hole and call it a day
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
true, depends how picky he is about the appearance. i'd just throw some tape over the hole and call it a day

Or a sticker. Or fill it with hot glue. Maybe make a wooden shell to put on the guitar's top to cover up the hole. the possibilities are endless...
Or just stuff one of these badboys into the hole:

(Invalid img)
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
YEah I care nothing for looks of a guitar. The back plate is missing and the truss rod cover(I think) is gone. I bought the floor model. I don't mind tape or stickers at all