Yeah I know you are supposed to do one string at a time going from the middle out but is it ok to take them all off at once for cleaning purposes?

And what kind of things should I do once all of the strings are off that I am forgetting (that you cant normally do with them on).
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
It's okay to do that, just make sure you block it somehow.

And clean and oil your frets and polish them with very fine steel wool. VERY LIGHTLY!!!!111!1!!!!1!SHIFT!!11ONE!1ZERON!111!!
I always take off all strings and I have no problems with my floyd rose guitars.
It helps if you take a 9V battery, put some tape around it and put it between your floyd and guitar body... so it won't "lay back". So later on, tuning the guitar might be much easier.

When all strings are taken off, you should clean your fretboard (maybe oil it, depend on what kind of fretboard you have). I mean, actually you can clean everything

Good luck
I forgot to mention i am changing string brands so i will more than likely have to readjust the trem anyways. Should I put some WD40 on the bridge posts/pivot point? Will it make the tremolo go smoother? And if so shoould i stick it on the posts or the trem itself
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Also what are some spring configurations (3 springs) and what are differences between them?

All i know are ||| and /|\ what differences do they make and which should i do? I am using a ibanez rg270 with single locking floyd rose (string through bridge lock at nut) with 9 gauge daddarios
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
anyone?

Super Sorry for triple post but I don't want to leave my guitar sitting for a long time without the springs bridge or strings on. See above two posts
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
If it,s like my F.R never take off all your strings!!!! another thing, if you put a higher gauge string your bottom end will lift!!!I use 9-42 that, what factory outlet is but i,ve alway,s used them . Oh yea, ther are two Spring Configurrations , one more thing good -luck!!!
If you are taking off all the strings at once and changing brand you probably will have to adjust the spring tension but its no big deal. I mean if you are a clean freak you can take the saddles and everything off and clean them and under them but its probably just extra work for nothing unless its really gunky. Blocking the bridge will help b/c it makes getting to the locking screws much easier when restringing. As far as spring configurations I have never found it to make any real difference so I just spring them up straight.
Yes, but make sure you block the bridge. Otherwise the bridge will get sucked into the body...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
why dont you go snoop through the FR setup thread? lots of good info there.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab