iv been looking at buying a rockerverb 50 but the other guitarist in my band has a jsx and always seems to be louder than me no matter what i do i just wanna know can a rockerverb 50 stand up to a jsx iv heard they are damn loud
turn the volume way up or buy a PA
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
The difference in volume betweeen a 50 watter and a 120 watter is actually pretty negligible. It can definitely keep up.
Yes, unless you're turned down and he's turned up.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
ok sounds like it can its just i have a 60 watt engl fireball n it cant keep up i pretty much have to run it 3/4 volume just to keep up n he is like running it on 1/4 maby just over
Quote by SWBS_DJ_GUITAR
ok sounds like it can its just i have a 60 watt engl fireball n it cant keep up i pretty much have to run it 3/4 volume just to keep up n he is like running it on 1/4 maby just over

What are your settings? The mids on a Fireball are pretty scooped, therefore won't cut through a mix near as good as a JSX unless you EQ it right.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Flying Couch
The difference in volume betweeen a 50 watter and a 120 watter is actually pretty negligible. It can definitely keep up.

volume wise this is true but 120 watts is over twice the power which will still drown out the 50 watts,
regardless of the smiler dB output, the higher wattage and more powerful sound will be what is herd

TS, just be sure your other guitarist doesn't have his amp craked and you do, gig wise it doesn't matter if there is a pa system

edit: and boosting you mids will help you cut through too
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Oct 2, 2009,
Quote by justinb904
volume wise this is true but 120 watts is over twice the power which will still drown out the 50 watts,
regardless of the smiler dB output, the higher wattage and more powerful sound will be what is herd

That's never going to come into play unless you've got the amps approaching full volume, which outside the studio you will never be able to do.

The speakers used (and the frequencies they emphasise), as well as the overall tonality, help an amp cut through a mix more than any wattage difference ever would.
The Orange has a different sounding gain, it's more raw and open sounding. Not saturated and and grainy like the JSX.
That will help the lower wattage Orange to be heard equally in the mix.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I never understand threads like this. You're in a band together, not a competition to see who can be the loudest! Ask him to turn his amp down. You can't be serious if you think a 60 watt ENGL fireball isnt loud enough for band practice.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
I never understand threads like this. You're in a band together, not a competition to see who can be the loudest! Ask him to turn his amp down. You can't be serious if you think a 60 watt ENGL fireball isnt loud enough for band practice.

+1
Quote by kyle62
That's never going to come into play unless you've got the amps approaching full volume, which outside the studio you will never be able to do.

The speakers used (and the frequencies they emphasise), as well as the overall tonality, help an amp cut through a mix more than any wattage difference ever would.

Bingo. As far as sheer loudness goes, a 30 or 50 watter is usually loud enough for virtually all applications.

Of course, I have to wonder - if you're playing the kinds of gigs where you need the kind of power found in a JSX and a Rockerverb 50, why aren't you using a PA? That would make far more sense.
not every venue we play has a PA to mic up the guitars n shiz so we have to just run really damn loud plus my drummer smacks the crap out of the drum kit so have to challange that on stage. when the place were playing has a pa its fine its just the ones that dont where i need that power as for the 60 watt thing not being enough trust me the fireball dosnt cut through enough its a great kickass sounding amp just dosnt cut through so i get lost in the mix iv tried eveything thing under the sun to get heard i run the eq over to the bassy middy side of things dont like a massive amount of treble i like my tone to sing not screch lol. its not a competition in the band for volume its just he seems to run his master about 2 or 3 and im almost running full volume just to keep up and be heard
When was the last time you put power tubes in that Fireball?

EDIT: Most of the time it's the drummer you can't hear.
Last edited by BobDetroit at Oct 3, 2009,
Quote by SWBS_DJ_GUITAR
iv tried eveything thing under the sun to get heard i run the eq over to the bassy middy side of things dont like a massive amount of treble i like my tone to sing not screch lol.

Unfortunately for you, treble is what cuts through a mix.

When I gig, my amp has an EQ that sounds too trebley when I practice, but sounds great with a band, and cuts through well live.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
well i would set your eqs to nuetral on both amps give the lead guitarist a tiny bit more treble and cut the bass abit an rythmn boost the mids a touch and bass as well
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by SWBS_DJ_GUITAR
not every venue we play has a PA to mic up the guitars n shiz so we have to just run really damn loud plus my drummer smacks the crap out of the drum kit so have to challange that on stage. when the place were playing has a pa its fine its just the ones that dont where i need that power as for the 60 watt thing not being enough trust me the fireball dosnt cut through enough its a great kickass sounding amp just dosnt cut through so i get lost in the mix iv tried eveything thing under the sun to get heard i run the eq over to the bassy middy side of things dont like a massive amount of treble i like my tone to sing not screch lol. its not a competition in the band for volume its just he seems to run his master about 2 or 3 and im almost running full volume just to keep up and be heard

if you used some punctuation i might be able to decipher this and help you you know what i mean its just like you tell us all what your problem is its just too hard to follow what your saying this often happens when people use run on sentences do you know what a run on sentence is a run on sentence is basically when you have several sentences worth of information but you neglect to use "punctuation n shiz" for whatever reason anyway if you use punctuation you know like commas and periods colons and question marks it will be much easier to understad

/being illiterate

tell your drummer to either learn to be a musician (controlling his volume) or be fired from the band. then tell the other guitar player to turn his volume down. this should solve the problem.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
if you used some punctuation i might be able to decipher this and help you you know what i mean its just like you tell us all what your problem is its just too hard to follow what your saying this often happens when people use run on sentences do you know what a run on sentence is a run on sentence is basically when you have several sentences worth of information but you neglect to use "punctuation n shiz" for whatever reason anyway if you use punctuation you know like commas and periods colons and question marks it will be much easier to understad

/being illiterate

tell your drummer to either learn to be a musician (controlling his volume) or be fired from the band. then tell the other guitar player to turn his volume down. this should solve the problem.

That pretty much wins. 100% right.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Orange = Mids. Oranges can cut through a high percentage of other amps because of this one fact. Trust me, the Rockerverb will sound godly and easily cut through as long as you have both amps at around gigging volume. Unless you crank (which wont happen on 50w and certainly not 120w) then it's more about voicing than wattage.
I play in a very loud band, and only have to run mine at half volume. Sounds best around there.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412