I've played both extensively, and owned a VT30. The Vox is definitley nice if you want to get alot of tones and effects out of it, but it doesn't have any flavor. Pretty much any guitar you play through it sounds the same. But it's nice for the money and it's easy to transport and move around, plus it takes pedals pretty well. The Vypyr, will have more warmth with the 6l6 power tubes and the 12AX7 preamp tubes. Now I've played it, but I don't want to steer anyone away from buying it because the two I played might of had bad tubes or been damaged, but on paper it looks good.
depends on what your playing, the vyper is geared more towards metal whereas the valvetronix is geared towards rock/hard rock. yes the valvetronix can do metal, but not as well as the vyper.

however with the launch of the vyper tube, i would be more inclined to vote vyper.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

If you play anything as heavy as metallica, Vypyr all the way. Great cleans and distortion. Probably my next amp.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by sw1ss023
If you play anything as heavy as metallica, Vypyr all the way. Great cleans and distortion. Probably my next amp.

It's like you read my mind, +infinity.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
vyper, peavey are best amps ever
'into the night under a crimson sky on the the fetid wings of death we ride' Messiah Of Hate by Hell Wave
Quote by War_Demon
vyper, peavey are best amps ever

I wouldn't say they're the best amps ever but they're definitely good especially for what you pay.

That being said, Vypyr all the way.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by War_Demon
peavey are best amps ever

Tons of Boutique Brand amps and Vintage amps says Hi!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Well, the Vox VT50 sounds great for clean and bluesy stuff. The rock sounds are also pretty nice. The Vypyr is more tubey sounding though, and it has nicer high gain sounds. My beef is that modeling amps get kind of monotonous after a while and are really just a necessary evil for people wanting a lot of tones on a budget. I vote for the Vypyr though.