Page 1 of 10
Royal Celebi
916 IQ
Enter Shikari is better. Sky Eats Airplane too.

HOWEVER. I saw these guys with Motionless in White, Vanna, and A Static Lullaby. They put on ONE HELL OF A SHOW. Damn good stage presence, although they are quite generic "electronicore" or whatever you kids call it these days.
handbanana
Registered Duder
4,706 IQ
i don't understand how people expect other people to like the band they post when they use terms like "typical and generic". good way to get people excited about it
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
tancanada
crapcore
2,467 IQ
Quote by handbanana
i don't understand how people expect other people to like the band they post when they use terms like "typical and generic". good way to get people excited about it

Cause in this forum if I called them AWESOME AND BR00T4L all the elitists in here would come kill me.
love is love // return to dust
Hybrid_Xer0
Banned
253 IQ
I love this band.
Pretty impressed with the new album, n the recording quality is too damn good.
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
This band is signed to Sumerian, aren't they? From your description it doesn't sound like they should be.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
handbanana
Registered Duder
4,706 IQ
Quote by tancanada
Cause in this forum if I called them AWESOME AND BR00T4L all the elitists in here would come kill me.

who said you had to use those words?
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
tancanada
crapcore
2,467 IQ
Quote by handbanana
who said you had to use those words?

No one, I'm just sayiing if I say this band is good then someone in here's gonna jump my bones about it.
And they aren't too bad, to clear things up. I just think they're extremely normal, nothing that makes them special.
We'realltoBlame
Looks like a *****.
1,080 IQ
For some reason I really like the album cover.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Valderama
CxC
1,315 IQ
Quote by handbanana

Even if he had not described them in that way, you would most likely attack his opinion and say "wrong. these guys are typical and generic metalcore - and they aren't hardcore enough for me"

Anyway, I think this band is wicked, they were going to play at my ex's birthday party a while back but pulled out.
handbanana
Registered Duder
4,706 IQ
if i thought a band was cliche and mediocre then i would have no reason to make a thread about them
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
breakdown123
Hates his user name
892 IQ
i LOVE the keys and electronics on this album. Joey sturgis did an amazing job. Im a big fan of the vocalist to, he's gotta a decent scream range, and his singing isn't half bad. their guitar parts aren't interesting at all. and like 8 of the 12 songs they have start with breakdowns.
Valderama
CxC
1,315 IQ
Quote by handbanana
if i thought a band was cliche and mediocre then i would have no reason to make a thread about them

And?
Don't tell me you are actually questioning TS's motives for starting the thread.
handbanana
Registered Duder
4,706 IQ
it's like you guys are calling the music you like bad without me interjecting at all, and still praising it after calling it bad or generic. just doesn't make any sense to me.
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
goingnowhere21
214 IQ
Well, he ain't lying, the band isn't exactly original, but they don't suck. That's pretty much all I have to say.
Valderama
CxC
1,315 IQ
Quote by handbanana
it's like you guys are calling the music you like bad without me interjecting at all, and still praising it after calling it bad or generic. just doesn't make any sense to me.

Genericness isn't a bad thing in my opinion, it's virtually impossible to be 100% innovative, and by extension, being innovative for the sake of being innovative is silly.
So no, we weren't calling it bad, just saying that they play a very similar style to alot of other bands around today.
tancanada
crapcore
2,467 IQ
Quote by Valderama
Genericness isn't a bad thing in my opinion, it's virtually impossible to be 100% innovative, and by extension, being innovative for the sake of being innovative is silly.
So no, we weren't calling it bad, just saying that they play a very similar style to alot of other bands around today.

^^That's what I think exactly. This band is good, but to me they sound like Attack Attack, The Devil Wears Prada, and Enter Shikari all thrown into one band.

EDIT: For instance, listen to A Single Moment Of Sincerity, the first :50 or so is the most typical scenecore riffage ever. Not bad, just kinda bland.
Last edited by tancanada at Oct 3, 2009,
handbanana
Registered Duder
4,706 IQ
Quote by Valderama

obviously very few bands are what you say "100% innovative", you could be 15% innovative without being generic, not really sure how anyone could scale out percentages in this case, but you get what i'm saying....i hope
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Valderama
CxC
1,315 IQ
Quote by handbanana
obviously very few bands are what you say "100% innovative", you could be 15% innovative without being generic, not really sure how anyone could scale out percentages in this case, but you get what i'm saying....i hope

Not once did I state there were any bands that are / were 100% innovative, if anything, all i said was that there are no bands that are 100% innovative. Every band is innovative in some aspects, no band is exactly the same sounding as another band.
handbanana
Registered Duder
4,706 IQ
Quote by Valderama
Not once did I state there were any bands that are / were 100% innovative, if anything, all i said was that there are no bands that are 100% innovative. Every band is innovative in some aspects, no band is exactly the same sounding as another band.

you never listen. pretty sure i could reply to every single post you make with a
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Valderama
CxC
1,315 IQ
Quote by handbanana

you never listen. pretty sure i could reply to every single post you make with a

Do it then, it will be funny to see.
handbanana
Registered Duder
4,706 IQ
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
Well this is going to get annoying fast.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
breakdown123
Hates his user name
892 IQ
Quote by punkforlife93
This thread deserves a merciless execution. It's 75% spammage.

and 25% sexual.

YEAAAH!!!
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
handbanana
Registered Duder
4,706 IQ
now i'm lost
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
afallenone
322 IQ
we played with this band. i think they suck. it's breakdown into punk beat like everytime. boring
Valderama
CxC
1,315 IQ
Quote by afallenone
we played with this band. i think they suck. it's breakdown into punk beat like everytime. boring

Where did you play with them?
andrew12398
nom nom nom
1,511 IQ
I love these guys but basically all their songs sound the same. The lead singers lows are awesome though.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
saxaxe
UG Resident
3,106 IQ
Can't say it's good, but I definitely like the synth more in this than others. The drummer has better chops than a lot of the bands they're ripping off as well.
Meh overall.

EDIT:
Ok a TERRIBLE breakdown just kicked in.
This band sucks. Wow. This breakdown is AWFUL. Even in breakdown land, this is bad.
SeveredSurvival
Worship the riff
1,772 IQ
This dude I know that works at a cd store described the band perfectly.

" I was listening to this band, cool riffs come on then all of a sudden it goes into techno shit, I was close to putting it out of stock and throwing it away.
I drink your milkshake.
breakdown123
Hates his user name
892 IQ
Quote by SeveredSurvival
This dude I know that works at a cd store described the band perfectly.

" I was listening to this band, cool riffs come on then all of a sudden it goes into techno shit, I was close to putting it out of stock and throwing it away.

I think the "techno shit is one of their best points. Its very interesting, and isn't just standard wanking on a microkorg.
Hybrid_Xer0
Banned
253 IQ
I think the straight up techno/trance parts are pretty lame, but the part that gets me is when they blend the techno into the guitars during a riff or breakdown.
tancanada
crapcore
2,467 IQ
Quote by Hybrid_Xer0
I think the straight up techno/trance parts are pretty lame, but the part that gets me is when they blend the techno into the guitars during a riff or breakdown.

Yeah. Theres another band out there that does that better though.

>_>