About an hour and a half ago my new head arrived, it's a Hartke HA3500 that I got for $100, 130 with shipping, because a few of the EQ knobs are missing, but that can be fixed easily. Gonna post pics later...

But I was wondering, since (I believe) it has two seperate preamps (solid state and tube) do the preamp tubes need to be replaced, and if so how often?
they will need replaced depending on how often you use them. if it's switchable and you always use the SS preamp then they could last your entire lifetime as long as your head doesn't get beat up too much and what-not. If the tubes are in constant use when you're playing they will need switched depending on length of use and how much power is put through them...most preamp tubes last many many years unless they go out prematurely or a power surge takes them out.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
I recently got the Hartke VX3500(uses the same head in a combo). For some reason I don't think it uses actual tubes. You can't see them in the back,but I may be wrong.
pics or its a spider III

Jk

happy new AMP DAY!!!!
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
That's a great price.

You need to put up some sound clips and pics though! don't just tease us!

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
After some research i have verified that it does have a single 12ax7 preamp tube. Remember that most preamp tubes have a metal cover over them with a spring built into the top to help push the tube down and make sure the tube doesn't come out of socket.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu