I don't have bad acne at all, but there's enough on my chin that it annoys me (barely anything, but I'd rather have a completely clear face like I used to have before high school). I've been using a salicylic acid wash and Benzaclin for a long time now, and it hasn't worked very well.

Would something like this be worth trying? I read good reviews, and I noticed there were a lot of Proactive converts - Proactive never worked for me, and it didn't work for them either, but apparently this stuff did.
http://www.exposedskincare.com/

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Chances are that you touch your face alot. Either stop or wash your face more.

Oh and not being a teenager helps too.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by jwizzle5786
I heard semen works really well.

This.

You can even research it TS.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Oral antibiotics are your best bet.

EDIT: This stuff is your best bet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accutane

My doctor wanted me to take it to take care of my acne, but with suicide being one of the side effects..I rather not.
Last edited by schecter ftw at Oct 2, 2009,
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Chances are that you touch your face alot. Either stop or wash your face more.

Oh and not being a teenager helps too.

ya this, seriously just wash your face more and dont worry about it, chicks honestly dont really notice, when i was in highschool guys who were spotty as **** would pull some nice lookin chicks, it wont last forever.
Quote by jwizzle5786
I heard semen works really well.

Oh yeah, it's almost as helpful as IcyHot and piss.
Go buy a better facewash, I use something called SkinMedica and my skins been clear ever since ive started using it.
love is love // return to dust
Good old rubbing alcohol works for me.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by CrzyGuitarist93
*reported*

... you're doing it wrong.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by CrzyGuitarist93
*reported*

Reported for asking for real advice? What the hell?
Quote by i_don't_know
a completely clear face like I used to have before high school

Welcome to puberty.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by tancanada
Oh yeah, it's almost as helpful as IcyHot and piss.
Go buy a better facewash, I use something called SkinMedica and my skins been clear ever since ive started using it.

How long does the kit last if you wash twice a day? $100 seems a little steep unless it lasts for 6 months straight or something.

EDIT: ^Yeah, I decided I'd change up the wording a bit.
a good diet and regular sleep helps too
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by i_don't_know
How long does the kit last if you wash twice a day? $100 seems a little steep unless it lasts for 6 months straight or something.

Each one lasts me about a month. SkinMedica's seriously the best stuff on the market though, it's gotten my face the cleanest out of every other face wash I've used and it doesn't make my face feel tight or dry my skin out at all. Its pretty sweet

EDIT: Also go to your dermatologist (or if you dont have one, go see one) and see what kind of acne you have. For me, I have a kind of skin infection and I've been talking erithromycin [sp?] and its actually killed most of my acne off. Also you could talk to them about Acutane if you really wanna kick it for good.
Last edited by tancanada at Oct 2, 2009,
Quote by i_don't_know

EDIT: ^Yeah, I decided I'd change up the wording a bit.

In my high school days I had proactive and stuff and they never worked. They are designed to help out people who have bad acne yes, but the problem lies in your horomones, not in your skin; so proactive and skin care products aren't going to help you much. Washing your face is as good as proactive if you do it twice a day.

You're just a teenager and it's something you've got to deal with.
-Jim Morrison
Whoever said semen is actually correct. Alot of high end skin care products contain semen as well as foreskin to help maintain a clear complexion.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Quote by SlinkyBlue
In my high school days I had proactive and stuff and they never worked. They are designed to help out people who have bad acne yes, but the problem lies in your horomones, not in your skin; so proactive and skin care products aren't going to help you much. Washing your face is as good as proactive if you do it twice a day.

You're just a teenager and it's something you've got to deal with.

Then explain how people in high school actually get results from using acne treatment products. Nothing anyone has recommended has worked for me, but it certainly has for them.

EDIT: Shut up about the semen already. It's not funny the 300th time someone says it.
Quote by i_don't_know
Then explain how people in high school actually get results from using acne treatment products. Nothing anyone has recommended has worked for me, but it certainly has for them.

Your a gross teenager with raging horomones, lack of sleep, and stress levels above everyone else because you lack friends and a social life and you get bad grades and also you smell?

No, kidding, but seriously my point is that hormones play large part in this, and as such, everyone's acne is different.

I'm sure you know people who never touch skin care products in their lives and go through high school without a single pimple, too. I know I did.

They were the cool kids, obviously.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by i_don't_know

EDIT: Shut up about the semen already. It's not funny the 300th time someone says it.

Cause everyone is different? Acne is a pain in the ass. You just gotta keep washing your face, use the med the doctor said to, and just prayer your hormones don't act up.
Fapping is the cause of acne. Stop fapping, stop the acne. Look it up, bro.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Quote by toby3p0
Fapping is the cause of acne. Stop fapping, stop the acne. Look it up, bro.

Not true, any change in your testosterone levels can cause you to break out, which means that if you do it regularly, cutting it out will cause you to break out. Look it up, brah.
Quote by tancanada
Not true, any change in your testosterone levels can cause you to break out, which means that if you do it regularly, cutting it out will cause you to break out. Look it up, brah.

'twas a joke. Someone posted a link to some christian website that said there are ways to tell if your child was masturbating...that was one of them ..and I'm not your brah, brah.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
The only thing I've tried is proactive, and while it seems to clear up my pimples and prevent new ones from forming, it hasn't had much effect on my blackheads.

I have a TON of blackheads, especially on my nose. Anyone know of a way to get rid of them? I squeeze them out occasionally but it seems like they always come back.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I have a bit of acne, and ProActive didn't work for me either.

If it really bugs you, just go to the doctor and ask them about it. I got an antibiotic and some kind of cream and it worked really well. But then after both of the prescriptions were gone my mom decided that she wasn't going to buy another one. All of my acne was almost gone, and with one fell swoop, it all came back.

I would seriously buy the prescriptions again if I had enough money.
Take fish oil pills. Its good for your skin and can do a small amount of detox work from the inside. Also talk to your doctor about it. They can prescribe an antibiotic that will also do work from the inside.

Really, acne is a medical condition that is caused by bacteria in your skin. Taking meds to kill the bacteria will (mostly) take care of your acne. I also use Clearasil Ultra. It has these beads in it that will help take off the nasty acne covered layers of skin and leave you with a clear face.

Acne sucks. I've been on Accutane for it before and will have to go back on it to completely get rid of it.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Take fish oil pills. Its good for your skin and can do a small amount of detox work from the inside. Also talk to your doctor about it. They can prescribe an antibiotic that will also do work from the inside.

Really, acne is a medical condition that is caused by bacteria in your skin. Taking meds to kill the bacteria will (mostly) take care of your acne. I also use Clearasil Ultra. It has these beads in it that will help take off the nasty acne covered layers of skin and leave you with a clear face.

Acne sucks. I've been on Accutane for it before and will have to go back on it to completely get rid of it.

How was Accutane?
theres an antibiotic cream called bepanthon (sp?) thats made for rashes and infections that works really well on pimples.
thankfully i've left puberty so i only get pimples every now and then but this stuff gets rid of it by the next day usually.
The sun.

Seriously, just go outside and get a bit of sun, a healthy tan, and your skin will clear right up.

Of course don't hang around and burn yourself...replacing acne with skin cancer would probably be a bad trade.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
Quote by schecter ftw
How was Accutane?

It sucks. Dries out your entire body and chaps your lips like crazy. Its also pretty toxic. Thats why they only give it to people with otherwise untreatable systic acne. If you talk to a doctor about it though they'll let you know if you should take it or not.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by dudetheman
I have a TON of blackheads, especially on my nose. Anyone know of a way to get rid of them? I squeeze them out occasionally but it seems like they always come back.

Quote by RageAgnstUrJaw
The sun.

Don't squeeze them, it irritates the skin and causes more.
Quote by RageAgnstUrJaw
The sun.

Seriously, just go outside and get a bit of sun, a healthy tan, and your skin will clear right up.

Of course don't hang around and burn yourself...replacing acne with skin cancer would probably be a bad trade.

This is how I keep my face clear in the summer. The sun isn't very strong in the fall and winter in New Jersey, though - not to mention, going outside is the last thing on my mind because it's already very cold.
Quote by soccerguy6494
your own piss.

i'm dead serious. look it up

No.

That's for athlete's foot.