I tried to install an M-Audio Fast Track USB interface, and my computer said it was successful. I then rebooted, and plugged in the actual interface (just to make sure it worked). The computer recognized the device, so I proceeded to install M-Powered Pro Tools 7.4, and when I attempted to install its driver for the M-Audio Fast Track USB, it said it was unable to install. I went online, and re-installed the driver for the Fast Track, and the whole thing still won't work. What should I do?
My Gear

Schecter C-1 Plus (Seymour Duncan JB bridge, Seymour Duncan '59 neck)

Bugera 333XL 212 Combo

MXR Carbon Copy
MXR ZW-45 Overdrive
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
What OS are you running? You shouldn't have to install the driver more than once, which it sounds like you did.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
I've got Windows XP SP3, and I installed, then uninstalled, then reinstalled again. So now, I have the most recent driver for it. I was reading the manual for the Fast Track, and it said that after I reboot the computer after the initial driver installation, I would have icons in my system tray, and that once I plugged the actual interface in, the computer would prompt me to finish installation. The computer didn't do that automatically, so I tried manually, and couldn't get anything to work. Also, in my millionth time tonight to try and install Pro Tools, I noticed that this error screen said my computer did not support my interface...what gives?
My Gear

Bugera 333XL 212 Combo

MXR Carbon Copy
MXR ZW-45 Overdrive
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
Try uninstalling again. Then when you reinstall again make sure you hook up the Interface to your PC before you install the driver. See if that makes a difference.
aite, i tried uninstalling, then plugging in the interface before i installed, and it didn't work. I also uninstalled SP 3, SP 2, and SP 1, didn't work...what do?
My Gear

Bugera 333XL 212 Combo

MXR Carbon Copy
MXR ZW-45 Overdrive
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
that's why I became a Mac owner
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
I FINALLY GOT IT! I had to uninstall Internet 8...I don't know why that was the solution, but it was...thanks for the advice guys
My Gear

Bugera 333XL 212 Combo

MXR Carbon Copy
MXR ZW-45 Overdrive
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2