At practice today, my friend was playing on his amps clean channel, and everything was fine. Then, when he turned on his gain channel, something weird happened. All you could hear was a faint mush coming from the speaker. We tested different guitars and cables, but to no avail.

So I ask you, GG&A, does anybody have any idea how to fix this.

In case it's important, on the ride over, the amp took a gnarly slam in the bed of the truck.
What amp does he have? Tube or SS? If it's tube, then it's probably just a tube gone.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by due 07
At practice today, my friend was playing on his amps clean channel, and everything was fine. Then, when he turned on his gain channel, something weird happened. All you could hear was a faint mush coming from the speaker. We tested different guitars and cables, but to no avail.

In case it's important, on the ride over, the amp took a gnarly slam in the bed of the truck.

what amp does he have?

Nice avatar BTW. Selena FTW!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by due 07

i'm guessing something broke
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by due 07
It's SS, so it isn't a tube gone.

fuse?
cables?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Darkflame
^ what next sherlock

well, ts was askin like he had no idea
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by due 07
You mean like guitar cables?

no, the cable from the amp that is connected to the power socket
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by due 07

A solder joint could of come unattached, but I don't know if the clean channel would still work then, somebody with more amp knowledge may be able to tell you if that would be possible.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by holycow
no, the cable from the amp that is connected to the power socket

Oh, I see . But would the clean channel still work?