Hey guys, looking for some advice.

At the moment I have an old Fender Champ 12 from the 80's, it's about 15w. This amp is fine for home practice and although I am not super in love with the tone of this amp, there is nothing particularly wrong with it.

However, I want a louder amp with top class tone as my band are starting to rehers alot more and will hopefully be gigging soon, I play all sorts of music, basically anything that isn't death metal, or any metal really, maybe the odd really heavy part here an there. But mostly I play 'alternative' rock/modern rock with alot of cleans but also alot of distortion, cant really explain, just not metal.

I dig the fender tone and the amp that i am most interested in at the moment is the Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12, does anybody have this amp? Are you able to tell me the pros/cons?. Also what is the difference between that amp and the Hot Rod Deluxe 1x12 (apart from the number of speakers)? I have played through the deluxe and really liked it, and its abit cheaper, but i like the fact the deville has the extra speaker and also 20 more watts.

Also if anyone has any suggestions of similarish amps that are around £500-£700 give or take (british pounds) I am open to suggestions.

I have a tele with normal tele pickups, a custom tele with humbuckers, a gretsch and I'm getting a jaguar, so I don't have problems with getting good tone from my guitars.

I have a good few pedals too so i can mess around with my tone using them, i just want a good new amp thats big enough and good enough so that i wont need a new one any time soon.

If you help, nice one.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
have you thought about the fender vibrolux,one of my favorite fender amps imo. it's 40 watts but it could handle just about any gig. but it only has 2x10's which might throw you off alittle.
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
I'll check it out man, cheers.

Little bit out of my price range, I'm trying to save for another guitar too so i cant really spend more than £700, vibrolux is £1000, cheers anyways.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Last edited by FuzzLove at Oct 3, 2009,