I bought a Schecter Hellraiser-7.
It came standard with EMG-707's in both positions, but I've had the "EMG sound" in all of my guitars since I started playing, and I'm kind of kind of sick of them.
The tone, and the replacing of the batteries every week.

Being a huge Dream Theater/John Petrucci fan, I looked up the DiMarzo Crunchlab 7 and I really, really love the tone it gets. But I don't want to buy the pickup, take out the EMG's to see that the pickup won't fit in the bridge position.

So my question is...

Will the pickup the size of a DiMarzio be able to sit in place of the EMG-707? (Which I must say is quite larger than the DiMarzio.)

Help?
Hey, since you seem to know about this, how often do you have to replace the batteries on active pups like EMGs if you play for maybe a couple hours every day?
My friend is unhappy with his EMGs' tone... perhaps he needs some juice?
you shouldnt have to replace the batteries every week. the batteries should be good for months. i had some and they lasted forever.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Well I play at like 3-5 hours a day, and I usually end up replacing them every week or every 3 or 4 days. I find it different for every guitar though.

I have the 7-Hellraiser that needs once a week changing.
A Hellraiser six string that needs them replaced quite randomly.
And I have a BlackJack that I haven't replaced EVER. hahaha

But tell him once a week or every four days.
You take various sized pots and pans, 2 wooden spatulas, sit yourself down on the ground, arrange said pots and pans around you, put on some music, and become the best drummer your kitchen has ever seen.
I know I shouldn't, but for some reason, they die very quickly all the time.
I have a blackjack that i've never changed, but their SD-Blackouts. Not EMG's.

But it's not the batteries that are the problem.
The tones of actives are just not doing it for me anymore.

So can you please just answer my question?
Quote by FortheLifeless
Well I play at like 3-5 hours a day, and I usually end up replacing them every week or every 3 or 4 days. I find it different for every guitar though.

I have the 7-Hellraiser that needs once a week changing.
A Hellraiser six string that needs them replaced quite randomly.
And I have a BlackJack that I haven't replaced EVER. hahaha

But tell him once a week or every four days.

Do you leave your cables plugged into the guitar when you're not playing? That will drain the batteries.

Anyway as the Crunch Lab 7 is smaller than the 707 it doesn't seem like it should be a problem. You may have to drill new holes or get mounting rings, but then again I'm no expert on this so good luck
Quote by synestershadows
Shai Hulud mother****er.
No I don't leave it plugged in. I make sure not to!

I was thinking about mounting rings, but I would prefer not to have them.
Anybody who knows FOR SURE what they're talking about?