Hi! first post

I recently bought an used Epiphone Les Paul Special (yes, in my country guitars are really expensive) in perfect condition, except for one thing:

There is some oxide on the metallic parts of both pickups. It's just to make it look better, but there is something I can do to remove that oxide without damaging the pickups at all?

Thx a lot
idk, a light acid maybe?

but nice photo, i was expecting blur.

then again, you dont have to relic it
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
get some steel wool, and some rust remover!
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by rocknroll93
get some steel wool, and some rust remover!

As simple as that? xD
So, that kinda chemicals don't damage the pickups?
shouldn't damage the pups.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by rocknroll93
shouldn't damage the pups.

Well, I'm gonna give it a try, thx a lot ^^
Don't do it. Do not do steel wool. The byproduct of rubbing that against there is little flakes of metal. It will get stuck to the pickups like crazy, and it might even work itself down into the wire and ruin the whole pickup. I repeat, do NOT get the steel wool near your pickups.
Quote by TheTrebleMaker
Don't do it. Do not do steel wool. The byproduct of rubbing that against there is little flakes of metal. It will get stuck to the pickups like crazy, and it might even work itself down into the wire and ruin the whole pickup. I repeat, do NOT get the steel wool near your pickups.

Damn o_o, thx for the advice.

Anything else that won't damage the pickups?