Say I had a subwoofer available, would I be able to rig up an input jack to it and use it as an amp? I'm assuming I'd probably need a head too, but would it be possible as a ghetto amp? I think my brother's old subwoofer is in the garage gathering dust.
probably not a good idea. it'd work, but it's a matter of how long. recorded music is heavily compressed while live music has very little to no compression. the peaks in live playing could very well end up damaging the speaker.

Subs just aren't built for live sound.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
car subs and most other home theater subs do not have the ability to produce the definition required for a bass guitar. In other words it'll sound like mud
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
It would sound like a bunch of thumping, like when those Hondas drive by with huge subs blasting rap to where the car rattles and it ends up sound terrible.
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
My honda does that ....anyway yea sub doesn't have enough definition to play anything clearly and probably won't pick on too many notes above your open A string. If you're just bored you could try it, but the odds are against it having anything near a quality sound
i dont think it could get the treble you would need
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Subs aren't meant to be standalone. They are for bi-amping to them and full range speakers.
Bass is my life.
It will work, but it will be hard to get much definition out of it.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
What I used to do was play out of an old DVD player surround sound system. it had the sub plus other stuff, so I got the definition. Very little control over the EQ, though, except from the onboard on my bass.