ok, so i just installed an 81, and an 85, whats new huh? and after i installed them, i put a string on to see if they were working, they were, strung it up, and it just doesn't sound right. i have absolutely no cleans at all. i can cycle through my digitech rp350, and only the presets that are super high on gain you can hear anything. anything that isn't boosted, you can't hear a thing. its the same when i bypass that and go straight to the amp. if i put the amp on the solo channel its fine, doesn't sound great, but it works. they definitely don't seem as high output as i expected. my stock jackson humbuckers sounded better. if i go to the clean, absolutely nothing. i have to turn the amp ALL the way up.

now i'm sure i installed these correctly, i went back and triple checked what i did with the instrucitons, and i can't figure out a single difference. could it be a faulty set of pickups? could i actually have done something wrong?

btw, it went into a jackson king v
Last edited by beneharris at Oct 3, 2009,
And you did install the 25k pots?
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

yeah i just replaced the battery. that didnt help at all.

its badenough, that while its picking up distortion,it won't pick up the fact that im tapping. or hammering on
Quote by Lurcher
And you did install the 25k pots?

ya, installed the 25k pots that came with
are the quick connect to the pups on correctly? try flipping them over
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100