Well, I have the music finished for a new song for my band, but we suck at writing at writing lyrics and I thought about what Cream did with Crossroads: wrote bluesy music, then added Robert Johnson lyrics that fitted.

Any thoughts? Could we do the same for this song-obviously we won't be getting into the habit but for just this one song?

Thanks

(for good advice, I will give you sig-worthy praise)
Quote by SLonergan
I think the Raw Power guitars look like badly painted Easter Eggs.

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King
dont do it to a song that everyone knows and loves cuz if u screw it up people will hate you.
I play guitar.
Just try it. No one here can tell you whether it'll sound any good or not.

Keep in mind any legal issues though.
Quote by KidCanary

Keep in mind any legal issues though.

well if u do it live and dont sell the recording of the show you wont run into legal trouble, but if u put the song on a cd or sell the dvd you could run into legal trouble.

Thats what I've been told not sure if it right or not
I play guitar.
Anyone can see a cover band for small $ usually any night of the week,which is what you're essentially doing,playing/almost playing someone else's material.Play your own stuff and stay true to that,if you get people to listen they'll be listening because they like the band's sound and the band's material.
No sewing machine jokes about use of the material word.
Not looking for sigworthy pretentiousness either,you asked..hope I helped.
...and it was EC's take on RJ's "Crossroads".A sound and style that Clapton's now almost got right on "Me and Mr. Johnson".
Last edited by Raggedyman at Oct 12, 2009,