I posted this a while a go and hardly got a response so let's try again.
I am going to dublin soon and i am looking to get a new axe. I narrowed my choice down to either a dean Vendetta xm Or a Ibanez grgr 121 ex. I am getting back into guitar after stopping for a year so i guess I am a beginner. I play mostly rock some metal. my budget is about €200. i have an amp a tenson scream 15. any ideas? I like fat strats and hardtails.
Well they are really the best i can get round Dublin do you have any suggestions?
Quote by Lomu
Well they are really the best i can get round Dublin do you have any suggestions?

Look used
Quote by Lomu

Hop on the train to Belfast.
i have an sx acoustic
the reason i am going to dublin is so my brother can get his vox amp
Quote by Lomu
i have an sx acoustic
the reason i am going to dublin is so my brother can get his vox amp

Aah right, fair enough. I know for a fact you can't get Vox amps here.
Dublin is one of the worst cities in the world to buy a guitar. Rip off Ireland at its worst. Can you get up to Drogheda? You might do better there but no promises.
Stupid thing is, the main Cort distributor of Europe is there but the shops have to buy through a sub-distributor in UK so even their prices are crazy. My one was €899 in Ireland but cost me €650 shipped from UK. (with a setup and hard case)
€200 will not buy you any electric in Dublin but will get you a Cort X-2 or similar sent over.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x