OK so soon i'm going to start upgrading all of my gear and have so far decided on a Marshall DSL50 and a 2x12 harley benton g212v
An Ibanez rg prestige (not entirely sure yet which model)
Are these good choices?

I have a boss ME50 multi effects pedal and arent sure if this will sound any good through a tube. It has a TS808 model and a Boss OD1 in it but i dont no if this will be good enough.
If i upgraded it i would need a chorus, OD, wah/volume, delay, maybe a noise gate.
Would it be worth spending £500 on a pedalboard and pedals or should i keep the ME-50 and use all of the different effects?
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
depends on how picky you are, the indiv effects would definitely sound better than an ME-50, but with all those effects even second hand it's going to cost a lot
Quote by SLonergan
I think the Raw Power guitars look like badly painted Easter Eggs.

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King
me 50 is decent if you use it with a tube amp. The Tubescreamer model is decent. The heavier distortion models sound terrible.
Quote by TubeAmp89
me 50 is decent if you use it with a tube amp. The Tubescreamer model is decent. The heavier distortion models sound terrible.

OK ok thanks cos i only use it through a Spider 3 or my guitar teachers who has been playing 20 years MG30 . So i havnt really had the best out of it yet.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Get something like a G Major.

I would like something that has a wah pedal really and thats about £1000 and wasnt willing to spend that much because im still got to save for an amp or the guitar first.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Quote by spitonastranger
no bra you should be cool with the me for the moment....
if you know how to set one up that is

I no how to use it i just cant get it to sound good the spider ruins all the tone on any setting.

EDIT: Would there be any point keeping it when i wanted to put new things on like an eq pedal?
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Last edited by riflesndaisies at Oct 3, 2009,
Note: Most sub USD 500 MFX's really dont sound that good. Try getting a used GT 8.
Or maybe a Vypyr SS/Tube.
And TBH I didn't like the DSL 50. Get a Peavey 6505 or a Mesa Dual/Triple Rec. Maybe a Randall RG50 or MTS.

From your avataar I judge you are a metalhead.
My advice: DO NOT settle on a guitar fro reading forums. Go to a shop, try out guitars/amps and settle on something that you like.

That aside, the Ibanez RG's are good for metal.
Also try -
Jackson (Adrian Smith uses one)
ESP/LTD
Washburn
BC Rich (higher end ones)
Schecter
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Oct 3, 2009,
if i was in your position, i would keep the ME50 and use it for everything you mentioned but the overdrive. buy a separate od pedal to run in front of the amp, then stick the ME50 in the effects loop. i really dont like od modeling for the most part, so even if you just get something like a $40 bad monkey to start i would do that.

of course if you have some extra money, a nicer overdrive pedal would be even better. you would eventually want a new wah as well, since the modeling of those is usually sub-par as well. however things like chorus and delay can be modeled very well, and digital versions can at times even be superior to their analog counterparts.
Quote by jof1029
if i was in your position, i would keep the ME50 and use it for everything you mentioned but the overdrive. buy a separate od pedal to run in front of the amp, then stick the ME50 in the effects loop. i really dont like od modeling for the most part, so even if you just get something like a $40 bad monkey to start i would do that.

of course if you have some extra money, a nicer overdrive pedal would be even better. you would eventually want a new wah as well, since the modeling of those is usually sub-par as well. however things like chorus and delay can be modeled very well, and digital versions can at times even be superior to their analog counterparts.

Thanks a lot good-sir that shall help me a lot

And @ GS lead -
those amps are overated and US voiced and i want a maiden tone.

Ive also said id decided on my amp and guitar and dont want to change my decision cos i tried them and are awesome. IMHO schecters and bc rich are Fugly and esp FRs are not very good either

I dont want to be all like adrian smith although he is awesome because im alredy gettin a super distorsion and a DSL50 which im getting because its good and british! (not that american amps are sh*t i just dont like em)
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Last edited by riflesndaisies at Oct 3, 2009,
Quote by riflesndaisies
Thanks a lot good-sir that shall help me a lot

And @ GS lead -
those amps are overated and US voiced and i want a maiden tone.

Ive also said id decided on my amp and guitar and dont want to change my decision cos i tried them and are awesome. IMHO schecters and bc rich are Fugly and esp FRs are not very good either

I dont want to be all like adrian smith although he is awesome because im alredy gettin a super distorsion and a DSL50 which im getting because its good and british! (not that american amps are sh*t i just dont like em)

If Maiden is all you want to play get something with DiMarzio PAFs/Super Dists. Or get a Fender Murray Strat or a Jackson Adrian Smith signature. Will get you closer to the Maiden tone.
See if you can get a Marshall 1960A.
ESIT:What you get on an ESP is the same thing as on any other high end guitar. Its OFR not LFR.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Oct 4, 2009,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
If Maiden is all you want to play get something with DiMarzio PAFs/Super Dists. Or get a Fender Murray Strat or a Jackson Adrian Smith signature. Will get you closer to the Maiden tone.
See if you can get a Marshall 1960A.
ESIT:What you get on an ESP is the same thing as on any other high end guitar. Its OFR not LFR.

I dont want pure maiden sound i just want something simmilar to it i do play other things as well ranging from hardrock - thrash. Please dont rec any more guitars / amps i only wanted to know about what i should upgrade on certain parts of my pedals

EDIT: i dont like the feel of ESPs necks but the ibanezes are really thin and very nice.
I also wanted a HSS/HSH for the tone versatality which you can only get in the lower end LTD MH-103/53
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Last edited by riflesndaisies at Oct 4, 2009,
Quote by riflesndaisies
I dont want pure maiden sound i just want something simmilar to it i do play other things as well ranging from hardrock - thrash. Please dont rec any more guitars / amps i only wanted to know about what i should upgrade on certain parts of my pedals

EDIT: i dont like the feel of ESPs necks but the ibanezes are really thin and very nice.
I also wanted a HSS/HSH for the tone versatality which you can only get in the lower end LTD MH-103/53

If you want HSS, then Fender and Ibanez FTW.
Wish ESP would release a good HSS.........want one....
As for pedals get a good OD like an HT Dist/Dual or maybe a Holy Fire(heard one on youtube-sounds uber cool). If you cant spend that muchthen a bad monkey. I know a guy who has one, and its a nice pedal. Cheap too.
Use the ME for chorus/delay. Does those well. Stay away from the wah/distortions. Get a cry baby or something later on. Oh, and an EQ pedal. If you want versatility a good 7 band or 10 abnd EQ is a must. Heard the Boss GE 7 was good. So is the Danelectro Fish n Chips.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Wish ESP would release a good HSS.........want one....

And thats y im getting the Ibanez because fenders make rubbish guitars with floyds and esps are crap superstrats.

\m/ \m/ Know any good wahs/OD anyone??? to repleace just those on the ME-50
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
And thats y im getting the Ibanez because fenders make rubbish guitars with floyds and esps are crap superstrats.

\m/ \m/ Know any good wahs/OD anyone??? to repleace just those on the ME-50
Just because you dont like them doesnt mean they are crap.
Bad Monkey
Keeley Modded TS9
HT Dist/dual

Thought of using a clean boost like the HT one? I doubt if you will use the bluesy sound on a.OD. Would ake more sense to take a clean boost if you only want to push the amp harder.
Quote by GS LEAD 5

Just because you dont like them doesnt mean they are crap.
Bad Monkey
Keeley Modded TS9
HT Dist/dual

Thought of using a clean boost like the HT one? I doubt if you will use the bluesy sound on a.OD. Would ake more sense to take a clean boost if you only want to push the amp harder.

you are slightly biased to ESPs but so am i because of my viper i just dont want all the same make of guitar for everything because i need a beefy guitar (viper) for rhythm. And i need a nice guitar with a floyd ESPs i think dont cut it for that.

Have tried the bad monkey before and liked it a lot.
Never tried the modded TS9 or HTdist would like to

I have tried a Hardwire OD (cant remember which)
I couldnt test it properly because the amp i was using had no distorsion channel and used a whole pedalboards of Hardwire pedals which sounded awesome but the metal pedal that was way over the top and IMO very fuzzy. Anyone got a Hardwire OD???
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Quote by riflesndaisies
you are slightly biased to ESPs but so am i because of my viper i just dont want all the same make of guitar for everything because i need a beefy guitar (viper) for rhythm. And i need a nice guitar with a floyd ESPs i think dont cut it for that.

Have tried the bad monkey before and liked it a lot.
Never tried the modded TS9 or HTdist would like to

I have tried a Hardwire OD (cant remember which)
I couldnt test it properly because the amp i was using had no distorsion channel and used a whole pedalboards of Hardwire pedals which sounded awesome but the metal pedal that was way over the top and IMO very fuzzy. Anyone got a Hardwire OD???

No.....but if digitech makes Hardwire OD's as well as their metal one........I can sense mega GAS coming on.

IMO the TL2 is one of the best metal pedals out there. HT's DISTX as well.
EDIT: Of course I'm biased towards ESP and Fender. My favourite bands play them .
EDIT2: And I meant the ESP Standards not the LTDs. There is a difference between an ESP and an LTD.
BTW what Ibanez are you going for? Prestige 7000's=Major Win.
EDIT 3: You play both rhythm and lead? Damn, I can play crazy solos, and just about anything to do with single notes. Rhythm? Cant even play Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit"....
Quote by GS LEAD 5
No.....but if digitech makes Hardwire OD's as well as their metal one........I can sense mega GAS coming on.

IMO the TL2 is one of the best metal pedals out there. HT's DISTX as well.
EDIT: Of course I'm biased towards ESP and Fender. My favourite bands play them .
EDIT2: And I meant the ESP Standards not the LTDs. There is a difference between an ESP and an LTD.
BTW what Ibanez are you going for? Prestige 7000's=Major Win.
EDIT 3: You play both rhythm and lead? Damn, I can play crazy solos, and just about anything to do with single notes. Rhythm? Cant even play Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit"....

I dont want a metal pedal just a boost on the natural distorsion to make it sound better and ive seen one on Youtube with OD boost then say it cant do metal well
Youtube Marshall dsl50 w/TS

Rhythm is even easier than playing the lead parts most of the time or cant you even do power chords or barres cos they are so easy. Besides i learn the whole song and the solo so if i cant do one part very good my other guitarist does it instead, most of the time i play lead because he cant do everything i can.

Edit: Ibanez i'm going for is either a used RG570 for £400 at local shop or a 1570/2570 new or used but ill eventually trade the pickups for signature tone. So i really just buying the guitar for the routing and Bridge etc already done for me.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Last edited by riflesndaisies at Oct 4, 2009,
Quote by riflesndaisies

I dont want a metal pedal just a boost on the natural distorsion to make it sound better and ive seen one on Youtube with OD boost then say it cant do metal well
Youtube Marshall dsl50 w/TS

Rhythm is even easier than playing the lead parts most of the time or cant you even do power chords or barres cos they are so easy. Besides i learn the whole song and the solo so if i cant do one part very good my other guitarist does it instead, most of the time i play lead because he cant do everything i can.

Edit: Ibanez i'm going for is either a used RG570 for £400 at local shop or a 1570/2570 new or used but ill eventually trade the pickups for signature tone. So i really just buying the guitar for the routing and Bridge etc already done for me.
I never said theDSL cantdo metal just mentioned ht pedals.
I think you should go for a clean boost instead of an OD since you only want to boost the ap. Blackstar makes a good one cant recall the name. Check their site, it will be on their HT pedals page.
Dont forget the EQ pedal.

EDIT: Get the 1570
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Oct 5, 2009,