So, I finally figure out how to get a GOOD metal tone out of my ****ty Fender Frontman 10G (high gain, mid treb, no bass). So now all that I need to do to play all of what I like is figure out how to get a good blues tone for SRV/Hendrix/etc. Any advice?
you should just mess about with the amp until you find your tone not someone elses idea but just a bit of help is keep bass and treble quite high mids cut a bit and gain low and for playing hendrix buy a fuzz box
Quote by Pr0gNut
How dare you get all philosophical with logic and reasoning! This UG Sir,where one must blindly yell out opinions then viciously attack anyone who disagrees with said opinions.
Replace the amp. As an owner of a Fender Frontman, I can attest that you'll get a much better tone for anything once you trade it in for something else that doesn't say Spider or MG(Though I wok at a shop and the MG4's don't actually sound as bad as the old ones. That said they're still overpriced though)
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
ugghhh cheap SS amps arent going to be able to get you metal tones. THe only good SS amps under 600 is the roland cubes. those have some chance of gettting blues tones, but for the most part blues tones are from natural tube OD. so your best bet is either getting a cube or saving up for a tube. Some are cheap too like the epi valve jr.
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Quote by brownsfan456
ugghhh cheap SS amps arent going to be able to get you metal tones. THe only good SS amps under 600 is the roland cubes. those have some chance of gettting blues tones, but for the most part blues tones are from natural tube OD. so your best bet is either getting a cube or saving up for a tube. Some are cheap too like the epi valve jr.

Flextones are less than 600 and are probably the best in that price range for metal, and they do other stuf well too.

And Valvetronix are far better at achieving blues tones than cubes. I have spent a LOT of time (since before I started playing guitar!) with cubes adn they are no contest to valvetronix in my opinion.

TS save for a new amp, something like a VT15 would be great if you just want a practice amp.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain