I want a pedal that can drop my tuning into lower tunings, without me actually having to change the guitar in any way.

I have an Ibanez RG1570 Prestige, and the Edge Pro stops me from going that low..
Is there any pedal for me that can drop my tuning?
I want to be able to play stuff as low as songs by Slipknot + Machine Head + Parkway Drive and so on..

I initially thought the Pitch Shifter did all that ^^^^^, but i realised that it only adds it onto what your playing.. and I want it to be on it's own.. Is ther anything like that?

Thanks.
nah man
there isn't a pedal that can change your tunings convincingly
if you want to play the "killing in the name of" solo buy a whammy
if you want to change tunings then buy a tuner

or if you have the money for a dark fire...
you may be thinking of a Pitch-Shifter/Harmoniser.

Try out a Digitech Whammy as stated above, they're decent enough for sounds I guess.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by The_Bosstone
You can technically do that but it will sound like shit.

It doesn't sound bad if you're playing like doom metal.

But if you want a sound that is tight and ultra br00t4l, you're just gonna have to tune your guitar.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by spitonastranger
nah man
there isn't a pedal that can change your tunings convincingly
if you want to play the "killing in the name of" solo buy a whammy
if you want to change tunings then buy a tuner

+1...

I am rather confused at how the tremelo stops you from changing the tunings of your strings, I mean, how do you expect to restring it?
If he even touches the trem at low tunings i bet the strings would just give in completely amd just zero out of tune really fast.

And a digitech whammy can shift your pitches, but i mean its no substitute for tuning your own guitar. And it is fun using the whammy on a really deep octave setting and getting an extremely convincing bass sound :P

And btw!

Dont bother spending the £150 on a digitech whammy, it has limited use and you will only use it very rarely, unless you only play like rage against the machine solo's all the time. Get a whammy eventually by all means, but just do so in the knowledge you won't use it all the time
Last edited by Anthony1991 at Oct 3, 2009,
there is a brand new pedal that just came out for dropping tunings, and from what i've heard it does a very good job. theres videos on harmony central so you can check it out. its really low latency and sounds very convincing in my opinion...its called the morpheus drop tune, made by morpheus extreme processors...
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by firetail0
+1...

I am rather confused at how the tremelo stops you from changing the tunings of your strings, I mean, how do you expect to restring it?

Locking trems are different.. It won't let you go down to tunings that loww.. otherwise the whole thing just breakss i think, (i haven't tried. i don't want to risk it haha)..
Quote by Chasing Shadows
Locking trems are different.. It won't let you go down to tunings that loww.. otherwise the whole thing just breakss i think, (i haven't tried. i don't want to risk it haha)..

Ah, now that makes sense. I thought he meant it "stopped" him, as in it was physically impossible to tune.

Could you not spend the money on setting up your guitar for a different tuning (as in, getting a pro to set it up by adjusting the neck etc), or instead spend the money getting a fixed bridge so you can go to whatever tuning you want? Either way would be far better then using a pitch shifter in terms of how it sounds.
playing chords sounds like a cat being slaughtered with a chainsaw through my pitch shifter
Block the trem and downtune. It will sound better than a pitch shifter.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by ComradSputnik
playing chords sounds like a cat being slaughtered with a chainsaw through my pitch shifter

The only pitchshifter that you can actually play chords through is the EHX POG/HOG. At least to my knowledge. They are damn expensive though... but damn awesome.
Gear
Ibanez JS1200
Agile 3000M w/ Emg 81/85
Takamine FP450SMC-SB
Peavey JSX w/ Saxon 2x12 (Eminence Governor's)
Line 6 M13
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Chasing Shadows

lol
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

i dont know where u get ur info, but that was quite amusing
Guitars arent really designed to break... unless u know, you own some crappy brand/make/design/quality guitar
i have a modest rig which consists of guitar related stuff
Member of the Laney Cult
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

my band : Fragments.
I have an Ibanez with an edge zero, and I play in b/c no problem, I don't know where people are getting the idea that it breaks it =P. Just make sure you have heavier strings and adjust it properly, and everything should be fine.
Current Gear
Ibanez Prestige S2170SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Blackface Head
Soldano 4x12 Slant Cab w/ Eminence Speakers
MXR ZW-44

Want List:
ISP Decimator
Nova Repeater
Maxon OD808
Seymour Duncan Blackouts
there's an easy way to change tunings on a floyd, i got it from another forum:

Easiest way to change tuning if you don't want to mess with multiple fine-tuning and claw adjustment steps:

1. Find something that you can use to temporarily block the bridge from moving when you retune. If you're tuning down, a small enough chunk of wood to fit between 2 of the springs in the back of the guitar works great. That's the red area in this image: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/28651/floydblock.png You can add anything solid--coins, picks, pieces of paper/cards--to reach the right thickness. If you detune the strings a bit first you'll have some force holding the blocking objects in place.

2. Unlock the nut if you haven't, retune, lock nut, fine tune. The bridge should still be at the same angle. If you're familiar with adjusting intonation & truss rods, this would be the time to do that as well if desired, and fine tune afterward.

3. Remove the blocking material(s). The bridge will move and you'll be out of tune (sharp). Turn the screws for the spring claw (circled green in image) counterclockwise to bring the bridge back to its original angle. You'll know it's there when all the strings are in tune, as they were after step 2.

If you're tuning up, it's the same thing but you'd block the other side of the Floyd in the back of the guitar, and would turn the claw screws clockwise at the end.

that, or you could buy a tremol-no
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.