I need a new amp, something that has killer metal distortion, nice shining cleans, then everything else, like effects (if it does) etc. etc. And it has to be versatile like my music tastes! (Metal is the most important here)

The genres I play are Heavy Metal, (Thrash, Death) Rock like RHCP, some blues like SRV, etc.. Well not a lot of blues, but I'm trying to say that versatility is the key here, but it has to be outstanding in the metal genre)

My price range is £200 - £300 depending on what it is.

Currently I play a Vintage V100 Les Paul copy, and a Roland Microcube. While the tone is alright, its not really great. I need something that outshines it, and will make my general tones sound heavenly (or deathly, where it counts if ya get me )

The amp has to be something that gets shipped to the UK, because I live there. I'd like to buy new.

EDIT: Nothing too epically loud, I live in a flat and I don't want to have to keep the volume on like 0.5 to keep the neighbours happy, because I'll lose the tone when playing that quiet..)
Last edited by Lollage123 at Oct 3, 2009,
Quote by MetalGuitarest
most people will prolly say a peavey vypyr 15... or 30 watt... if you can find one used a randall G3 would be great

I was looking at the Vypyr series, but it seems to.. Begginery, if you understand.. Are you sure it'll be a whole lot better than by Cube?
Quote by jld8111
Line 6 Spider. (Flame Sheild ON!)

]

PLEASE nothing digital. These things not only sound bad but are unreliable as hell. Solid State I could even imagine before that amp. I hate digital.

I'd suggest one of the 1X12 Peavey Valvekings, but that will be too loud for you to get good tone out. I'd go to a music store, and try to find a pretty versitile solid state maybe.

Shop around, we can only throw out suggestions so far.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
You won't do better than the Cube for your price range, unless you find an amazing used deal. Save up, get at least twice as much, then maybe we can help.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy
]

PLEASE nothing digital. These things not only sound bad but are unreliable as hell. Solid State I could even imagine before that amp. I hate digital.

I'd suggest one of the 1X12 Peavey Valvekings, but that will be too loud for you to get good tone out. I'd go to a music store, and try to find a pretty versitile solid state maybe.

A Vypyr will sound alot better than a stock Valveking (I own a VK112 with a couple upgrades and have played a Vypyr 75; it sounds alot better than my VK with the EQ turned off) And it doesn't need to be loud to sound good, either.

By all means, if the OP is willing, he could buy a used VK112 and spend the extra on upgrades and things.

EDIT: The HT-5 is pretty good but it gets spongey at high volumes (in other words it loses tightness pretty quickly).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??