(nub)

Heard the term "vinyl rip" and didn't think it made sense; won't the analog signal immediately transform into a digital signal (Which is imperfect = not a "vinyl rip")
In short, no.
Quote by flabber.gast
I used to be a big hip-hop fan, but lately my interest has Wayned a Lil.

It will always lose quality. CD Albums are usually about 700Mb in size, way more than even the lossless rips (Apart from WAV Lossless).
Last edited by Horlicks at Oct 3, 2009,
Quote by Horlicks
It will always lose quality. CD Albums are usually about 700Mb in size, way more than even the lossless rips (Apart from WAV Lossless).

You clearly have no clue what lossless is. Lossless is higher quality then CD, because CD's contain compressed music, because you can only have 700mb worth of content. FLAC Lossless can be up to 2 gigs an album, one time I even saw a 4 gig one. Higher bitrate and resolution.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
Quote by Shoj_
(nub)

Heard the term "vinyl rip" and didn't think it made sense; won't the analog signal immediately transform into a digital signal (Which is imperfect = not a "vinyl rip")

if you rip it to the highest possible quality (WAV lossless i believe), you'll have the closest thing to a perfect digital rip you can get. quality loss is inevitable. file size will be massive though.