I've been playing for like 3 years now, and have finally saved some money for a new amp
I thought that I would buy a Peavey valveking combo, but thought I should ask around for some alternatives before buying one.
I have a budget of around 350 pounds.
Thanks for any advice.
whats your guitar?

What styles do you play? who are your influences tone wise?
Try them out and pick the one you like...

But what kind of music do you play?
The VK is a good option if you go used and spend the extra money on upgrades.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I play mainly like classic rock and blues, occasionally some heavier stuff like buckethead but nothing too heavy.
Problem is, in my local music shop the only other tube amps really are expensive marshalls or stacks that I obviously don't need >.>
EDIT: I have an Epiphone SG, but I think a new amp would be more important for me.
Last edited by iqigo at Oct 3, 2009,
Quote by iqigo
I play mainly like classic rock and blues, occasionally some heavier stuff like buckethead but nothing too heavy.
Problem is, in my local music shop the only other tube amps really are expensive marshalls or stacks that I obviously don't need >.>
EDIT: I have an Epiphone SG, but I think a new amp would be more important for me.

Well then dont buy from your local music shop. Ebay is reallllly good to look at defiantly look there first if you are on a budget
Oh, I will probably buy online.
I just meant, in my shop to try out.
Quote by iqigo
Oh, I will probably buy online.
I just meant, in my shop to try out.

haha sorry, well im sure that like there would be places within an hour
I bought a Marshall DSL401 from Ebay for £380 and it's a superb amp for the styles you're looking at. A hell of a lot better than a VK that's for sure.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Laney VC30 is right at that price range, a nice classic rock amp.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
what is the biggest city close to you?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I would go used Classic 30 before a Valveking
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
what's the heaviest stuff you play? i'm tempted to recommend that valvepower 18 watter i got, but it's a bit of a one-trick pony (it's an awesome trick, though) and might not be versatile enough for your first tube amp. But if you're mainly playing blues and classic rock (with a british tone- it's a marshall 18 watt clone), it'd work, if you'd be willing to put a boost or distortion pedal through it for buckethead (i'm not too familiar with buckethead, i assume he has the usual shred type of tone)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
(i'm not too familiar with buckethead, i assume he has the usual shred type of tone)...

Buckethead himself is a jazz-to-death metal type of guitar player, so something with good cleans and heavy distortion is ideal.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
ah, ok, thanks, yeah, the valvepower wouldn't be versatile enough for that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?