I tried a baritone guitar on thursday and totally fell in love with baritones, and i've been wanting to build something different for a while. Last year i (tried) to build an electric mandolin, which didn't quite work but i learnt a lot from it. So this will be my first guitar build, woop woop

Also, does anyone have experience with "hybrid" guitars (solid body, piezo pickups)? I'm considering putting an acoustic-style wooden bridge on it and stick a transducer in there to get me some sweet acoustic baritone tone-age

Need to decide on practically everything about this guitar, apart from the fact it's a baritone
I saw a video of a guitar made by Moog, which was electric solid body with piezo pickups, sounded ****ing amazing. It's stupidly expensive though. But yeah if you know how to put piezo pickups in then do it cos it sounds fantastic.

Baratones are pretty cool too.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
You can get hard tails, TOMs and tremolos all with piezos in them, you dont have to go with an acoustic bridge.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Fuzzlove: i've seen that, it's immense

Absent mind: good point - how much are they roughly? would it be cheaper to put an acoustic style one in there cause it only has one piezo thing rather than 6?
www.graphtech.com

Well 6 probably gives you a more independant sound, will sound better when picking individual notes.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
How cool is that Moog!

I'm not sure how much the piezo hardtails/TOMs/trems are, but if they have 6 pickups in them (im pretty sure the moog had 6) then if you can afford that i would definatly do that than just have an acoustic style one pickup bridge, up to you though.

That Moog sounds more acoustic than an actual acoustic if that dosn't sound ridiculous haha.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
thanks for the advice guys, i shall see if i can find a guitar with those saddles to test for myself

also that moog has some pretty intense pickups, with sustainers and antisustainers or summut like that
No worries, If your looking for guitars that have piezos in to try out, i think the company 'Italia' make electric guitars with piezo's in, they might have been slightly semi-hollow bodied, but its a start, they seem to be common in shops where I live (England).

If I had the money I'd definatly buy that Moog, its like its not even a guitar you can do some crazy ass things with it.
I'll have to have a look, i knew soundcontrol in bristol used to do italias but now they've been bought up by reverb they don't stock anything
Ah that sucks, well im from essex, so I can't really help you with shops. But do a search for electric piezo guitars and see what brands make them, then look for local-ish shops that stock those brands. Could always phone the shops to see if they stock a particular guitar so as not to waste a journey.