Poll: Favourite Thrash Metal Band?
Poll Options
View poll results: Favourite Thrash Metal Band?
Testament
4 9%
Anthrax
1 2%
Exodus
0 0%
Onslaught
0 0%
Metal Church
2 4%
Megadeth
17 36%
Slayer
1 2%
Metallica
17 36%
Destruction
0 0%
Kreator
5 11%
Voters: 47.
Does anyone know the tunings for all of testaments albums? i find it a real let down they tuned down

I'm going to turn this into a poll of your fave thrash band also
You should move this to the Bands and Artists forum.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by CrzyGuitarist93
reported.

the pit is not a bible searcher.

Before you hit that report button eager beaver, i asked what's everyones favourite band out of the choices, and i also asked a question too, because it was relevant.
Quote by ShredHead396
Does anyone know the tunings for all of testaments albums? i find it a real let down they tuned down

I'm going to turn this into a poll of your fave thrash band also

There tuning is only like a half step down from E Standard. Its not like its a huge down tune.
It varies, but I think they use D a lot.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
yeah, wrong forum mate, and I thought this was going to be a question about the bible..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by madbasslover
LOL

It's called an opinion, stupid.

When you state that my poll fails, that is an opinion, stupid, and it is a fact, there are better bands than sepultura.
And bands that are pure thrash anyway.
Most of Testament's early work is in Standard. They used C# standard for parts of Low and all of The Gathering. The use D standard for the rest of Low. Formation of Damnation is in Eb Standard and so is Demonic (I think, could be wrong about that one as I don't listen to it very often).
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
Quote by ShredHead396
When you state that my poll fails, that is an opinion, stupid, and it is a fact, there are better bands than sepultura.
And bands that are pure thrash anyway.

That's retarded. There's no factual basis in an opinion and I wasn't even being serious when I said your poll fails. If you want to get all butt-hurt about it, be my guest, but if you would get over yourself for a second you might notice that I gave you the answer to your question.

Also, I can't stand "pure" thrash, which is why I like Sepultura.
i chose metal church, but only because i got to meet them when i was like 8 and got to TRY to play the drums for them
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
WAAAH, they tuned down, **** off and grow a pair.
Quote by captaincrunk
You are a slave who is looking for a master, and I hope he beats you.

Quote by rmr024
Toaster ovens are fucking amazing, I don't really see where you were going with that...
Quote by madbasslover
That's retarded. There's no factual basis in an opinion and I wasn't even being serious when I said your poll fails. If you want to get all butt-hurt about it, be my guest, but if you would get over yourself for a second you might notice that I gave you the answer to your question.

Also, I can't stand "pure" thrash, which is why I like Sepultura.

Man i don't really care, each to his own
why is downtuning a let down?

saying that just makes you look like an ignorant asshat.
Quote by Tedward
why is downtuning a let down?

saying that just makes you look like an ignorant asshat.

Because 9 times out of 10 bands that tune down F*ck right up and sounds completley unoriginal and generic, Shovel Headed Kill Machine for example.
And it's my opinion, so starting my opinion is fine and if you have a problem with it, your just an ignorant sod.

PS. IS asshat even a word?
Quote by ShredHead396
Because 9 times out of 10 bands that tune down F*ck right up and sounds completley unoriginal and generic, Shovel Headed Kill Machine for example.
And it's my opinion, so starting my opinion is fine and if you have a problem with it, your just an ignorant sod.

PS. IS asshat even a word?

OK, thanks for proving my opinion true.

You =