Mkay, so I was playing guitar a couple nights ago, and suddenly, It just stopped working. I have get a constant buzz, regardless of position of the volume knob or pickup switch. So, what do you think guys? Pickups, the cable jack, what? I checked the wiring and nothing is loose. Did my Seymour Duncan's really die on me?
what guitar is it?

cuz if its an ESP then you shouldn really have a problem with it,
if its a cheap LTD then you could have problems
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Are they active pickups? Try changing the battery.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
did you try using a different cable, because i had a similar thing happen to me and i thought it could've been the guitar. then i saw a little cut in the cable so i bought a new one and everything was fine again.
your cable(s) maybe?

that's what happened to me once and i was terrified because i thought my guitar or amp failed me. but it was the cable.
Quote by 1if3 0wn3r
your cable(s) maybe?

that's what happened to me once and i was terrified because i thought my guitar or amp failed me. but it was the cable.

Check all of your cables then if you have any pedals (battery, fuse blown) have a look at these running just one at a time if not then i dont have a clue.

Was the amp still on or had a fuse blown?
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
It's an LTD. It's actually a good guitar. I bought the pickups and put them in after, most if not all the wiring was replaced with the pickups. The cable jack and switch are the only 2 stock pieces left in it.
Also, I should have mentioned. My cables all work with my Ibanez, and not my ESP,s o it's not that. They're not active pickups, and I don't use any battery-powered pedals.
Quote by PanicAttackx5
Also, I should have mentioned. My cables all work with my Ibanez, and not my ESP,s o it's not that. They're not active pickups, and I don't use any battery-powered pedals.

Take the cover off and check your wiring. There's a good chance one of the wires came off from your jack, or maybe a pot turned on you and a wire was pulled loose.
It's probably a rouge mexican.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by Cous Cous =>
Also check the wiring of the cable jack,
could just need soldering

follow this guys advice. first thing to go. output jack almost every time.

edit: matt had the right idea too
Quote by PanicAttackx5

Stop calling it an ESP when it isn't one.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Quote by Birchall17
Stop calling it an ESP when it isn't one.

Lawl. Right. It's made by ESP, I'm gonna call it an ESP.

Thanks to everyone that actually helped though.
Quote by PanicAttackx5

Oh dear god, not again.

Is it that hard just to mention that it's an LTD, so that there can't be any missunderstanding? If you really want to call it an ESP, just say "ESP LTD". This way everybody knows what guitar you are talking about. And it doesnt hurt anyone. Being correct is not difficult.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Oct 3, 2009,
Quote by PanicAttackx5

Is it made in the ESP Japan factory? NO. It's an LTD, you can call it an LTD ESP but it's not an ESP man. You want to see real ESP's check out the ESP Japan site, I wish we saw a tenth of the guitars that come out of that place.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by PanicAttackx5

It's not made by ESP, it's made by LTD, a company owned by ESP.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
its probably not the pickups...unlikely that they both died at the same time so its got to be something lower-level than that

It will probs be a problem with the wiring...take it in to an electrics guy and have him test / probe it at certain points
Gear
ESP LTD Truckster James Hetfield Sig
120W Bugera 333 Amp
Harley Benton G212 Vintage Cab

Desired Gear
ESP EX Diamond
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
MXR 10-Band EQ

C4C
Illusory Master
I got the message the first time, guys. It's "ESP LTD." Yeah, I knew that before I posted. But saying it's not an ESP? It's not like I went "Crap, my ESP doesn't work, can you help with this Squire gaiz?" I said ESP the first time and just neglected to mention it was LTD until someone asked. I neglected to say it afterwards because it's already out there, I didn't need to say the whole thing every time. I know there's a difference. I have an LTD. An ESP LTD, that was my point. Not a big deal, guys, really.

Anyway, I'm gonna try a few of the suggestions once I get my hands on a decent soldering iron. Sorry to everyone else for sounding like such a negligent nub for saying ESP in the title, lawl.
Quote by PanicAttackx5
I I neglected to mention it was LTD until someone asked.

and you hope you get specific answer while ommiting details? There's alot of difference between a Japanese made ESP and Korean (I think they're made in indonesia now?) LTD.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
and you hope you get specific answer while ommiting details? There's alot of difference between a Japanese made ESP and Korean (I think they're made in indonesia now?) LTD.

I forgot, it just slipped my mind. Say what you want, I honestly don't think it's a big deal. Someone caught it early on, I'm glad they did, one free internets for him because he obviously saved us HOURS of trouble.
Oh c'mon, ESP/LTD doesn't change how a guitar is wired does it? Therefore the problem is still the same, despite of the manufacture.

TS, check ALL of your wiring. The problem isn't with the pickups, so check from the switch to the pots to the output jack. Also make sure the output jack is making full contact with the cable jack.
Quote by PanicAttackx5
I forgot, it just slipped my mind. Say what you want, I honestly don't think it's a big deal. Someone caught it early on, I'm glad they did, one free internets for him because he obviously saved us HOURS of trouble.

can i have that in a letter please?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
In this thread : People being utter douchebags because a guy said ESP instead of ESP LTD. Jesus christ people.

Also, the first thing I'd check is the wiring on your jack, make sure the ground is properly soldered in, it may have come loose - a common problem when this occurs in my experience. If that is all good, check your bridge ground, and then go from there.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
Quote by carrot
can i have that in a letter please?

Sure, just give me an address and I shall mail you my Letter of Internets.

Quote by w0lf19
In this thread : People being utter douchebags because a guy said ESP instead of ESP LTD. Jesus christ people.

Also, the first thing I'd check is the wiring on your jack, make sure the ground is properly soldered in, it may have come loose - a common problem when this occurs in my experience. If that is all good, check your bridge ground, and then go from there.

Man, I was hoping I wasn't the only one who found that ridiculous.

I know it's not the bridge ground, but I'll check that last if nothing else works. I've had that happen, and it just created a small buzz while still being able to hear the guitar play. I don't hear anything in this case. I think the jacks ground wire is the issue, since I don't see it soldered on o_O
I'm not gonna lie, I got it at a pawn shop for like $250. I dunno what it was originally, but its served me well so far. Hell, I prefer it over my RG sometimes.
Quote by PanicAttackx5
Sure, just give me an address and I shall mail you my Letter of Internets.

Man, I was hoping I wasn't the only one who found that ridiculous.

I know it's not the bridge ground, but I'll check that last if nothing else works. I've had that happen, and it just created a small buzz while still being able to hear the guitar play. I don't hear anything in this case. I think the jacks ground wire is the issue, since I don't see it soldered on o_O

I bet its the main ground, like I said in my last post, if your main ground is not connected to the jack, then the guitar wont work, just like in any AC curcit, if you dont have a ground, the circut wont work properly if not at all.