Ok so I just have a question regarding the Boss RC-2 Looper pedal (before I buy it).

I play through a Bugera 6262 tube halfstack and use the AMP's distortion. No overdrive or distortion pedal. The amp DOES have an effects loop and I am wondering if I can put the RC-2 in the FX loop and still use my amp's distortion to jam along with? I want to create a loop using my amp's distortion and still play along using my amp's distortion.

My FX Loop has (in order from SEND): Zoom G2 multi effects pedal -> MXR 10band EQ
then back to my RETURN

In front of my amp I have the guitar to a Dunlop Crybaby from Hell Wah pedal to the Amp.

So if I can use the pedal the way I want, where would I put the pedal? Like where in the effects loop?

I don't want to spend $190 and realize I can't use it the way I want to use it.

Thanks!
I think it should work....
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
You'd deffinatly want to put it as the last pedal in the effects loop. I have a bugera 6262 combo and a RC2 and I've been having some problems. It seems as though the level of the effects loop isn't big enough to activate the RC-2. It's strange. I really have to figure it out.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Basically if you want to record a distorted sound and play with distortion over the top then it can go in front, or in the loop. If it's in front the drums will be distorted though.

If you want to record distorted and play clean or vice versa then it needs to be on the loop.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
If I'm understanding your question right I think I have your answer.

I have a similar problem with my loop and amp. My amp gave me the ability to control effects and distortion, but then I went and got myself a loop. The problem with my amp is that it didnt have an output that I could loop back to the pedal after the effects. So it works like this. If you plug your guitar into the loop you're going to be recording your clean sound. You can record however many tracks you want to, but when you go to put distortion on or any other effect you are going to be distorting every layer you've recorded.

For instance, I was working on a riff that had a clean rhythm guitar, an acoustic part, and a bass line. When I wanted to solo over the top of it all with distortion I couldnt do it (my amp doesn't have an output). My solution was to run out and pick up a couple of the essential effects pedals. Now I can distort my guitar before the loop and put together tracks that have a mix of clean and dirty sounds.

Now if your amp has an output, you can go from your guitar to your amp and then into your loop, so you can control the effects of each track that you put down differently.

All in all, for the $35 of a cheap distortion pedal you can get most of the essential different sounds into your seperate tracks enough to have fun with it. If you're looking for specialized sounds and effects for a gig you're going to need to invest in some pedals to plug in before your loop station.

Make sense?