Okay I have a problem in my picking hand.

When I'm precisely picking its fine, and doesn't lock up.

Likewise when I'm strumming wide open, it doesn't look up.

But when I'm playing palm muted riffs, and like precise power chord/octaves rhythms, and leads my arm locks up, and I get alot of light pain and aching. This mainly happens when I'm standing up, and I'm resting my forearm on the body of the guitar

I don't anchor to my knowledge, does this forearm resting count as anchoring

Do you know how I can get through this aching?
Stretch before you play do some hand excersizes but maybe you just are playing with too much jerk in your picking hand
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Maybe you are gripping the pick too tightly? This has happened to me. I just learned not to do it eventually.
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
Quote by {Ѵëņŏmőůş}
Maybe you are gripping the pick too tightly? This has happened to me. I just learned not to do it eventually.

Its a pain in my biceps and forearms (wank muscles like).
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Its a pain in my biceps and forearms (wank muscles like).

That's the same pain I had. Play some and check it out.
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
That indicates that there is tension in your arm. To reduce this, I would recommend massaging it before playing to encourage blood flow and relax the muscles. Even though you are not using your biceps and forearms, it's still possible that they are still tense. If massaging doesn't help, try running them under warm water before playing to loosen them up. If that doesn't help, come back and ask around some more.
Quote by Geldin
That indicates that there is tension in your arm. To reduce this, I would recommend massaging it before playing to encourage blood flow and relax the muscles. Even though you are not using your biceps and forearms, it's still possible that they are still tense. If massaging doesn't help, try running them under warm water before playing to loosen them up. If that doesn't help, come back and ask around some more.

Thanks alot.