I currently reside in Brasil, and here, things are outrageously expensive. There is currently a BH5-112 (the combo 5w Blacheart) for sale for R$1300, which is around USS700. This my only chance to get a decent tube amp, since amps are way too big to bring from abroad. Is paying double worth it?

I currently play through a MXR Distortion+ and a crate BT15 bass amp.

thanks
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Hmmmm thats not too bad really. Your best bet is to go online and buy it. YOull have to pay extra shipping but i still think it should be cheaper.

wait is brasil a part of NAFTA?
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Quote by brownsfan456
Hmmmm thats not too bad really. Your best bet is to go online and buy it. YOull have to pay extra shipping but i still think it should be cheaper.

wait is brasil a part of NAFTA?

buying it from the states i too expensive. It would be 350 + 200 shippinh + 500 takes...lawl...

brasil isnt part of NAFTA

edit: is this a good alternative: buying a tube overdrie pedal and playing through the "Tube Instrument Preamp" amp model of Pod Farm?
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by alexdoabismo
I currently reside in Brasil, and here, things are outrageously expensive. There is currently a BH5-112 (the combo 5w Blacheart) for sale for R$1300, which is around USS700. This my only chance to get a decent tube amp, since amps are way too big to bring from abroad. Is paying double worth it?

I currently play through a MXR Distortion+ and a crate BT15 bass amp.

thanks

I don't think I'd spend that much on it. Do you have any friends in the US that could purchase it for you, and then ship it to you. Shipping would be high, but it wouldn't be near $700.
Quote by Matt420740
I don't think I'd spend that much on it. Do you have any friends in the US that could purchase it for you, and then ship it to you. Shipping would be high, but it wouldn't be near $700.

it would be high because of taxes. Max here is USS50 (so, 350 for the blackheart + aroung 200 for shipping woul cause me too pay another 400 as taxes, making it cost 950 dollars)
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by alexdoabismo
it would be high because of taxes. Max here is USS50 (so, 350 for the blackheart + aroung 200 for shipping woul cause me too pay another 400 as taxes, making it cost 950 dollars)

If your friend purchased the amp here, and then he sent it to you, couldn't he just say it was a gift? Since the transaction would be between you and your friend, how would they know how much you paid for it? I have no idea how it works down there so I'm just curious