So yeah, I'm doing a project in my German class on German music and other related German art stuffs. So, I need some German punk/ska bands I can use. Also, any venues that are really popular with the punk/ska crowd over there. I can probably find all of this on the internet, but I'm lazy so I'll let the Punk forum take care of it for me!
Mmh, for Punk I would say "Die Ärzte" and "Die Toten Hosen".
For Ska: "Blechreiz" and "El Bosso und die Ping-Pongs".
new Die Toten Hosen is very rock based though
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Wait for lavazza, he's bound to have loads of them.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Last edited by Greenfinger182 at Oct 3, 2009,
Yeah I'm just gonna wait for Lavazza to make the only good post in this thread.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by axeslash
Yeah I'm just gonna wait for Lavazza to make the only good post in this thread.

+1
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
im gonna be the p0nx noob and say hellratz and oxymoron....Yeah, you should wait for lavazza
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Punkbands (I limit myself to the more important ones, if you want more names, just say word):

70s/80s:
Ton Steine Scherben, Slime, Toxoplasma, Vorkriegsjugend, Hass, ChaosZ, OHL, Canalterror, Normahl

90s and later:
Rawside, Fahnenflucht, Loikaemie, Betontod, Cotzraiz, Zaunpfahl, Dritte Wahl, SS-Kaliert, Pöbel&Gesocks, Lokalmatadore, Troopers

GDR:
Schleimkeim, Feeling B, Die Skeptiker

not specially "German" sound:
Oxymoron, Spermbirds, Rasta Knast, Rejected Youth, Mad Sin

Nazi-music:
If you want some names ask......but I doubt you´ll talk about them

Ska (I think I don´t like any German Ska):
Blechreiz (GDR), Rantanplan, Sondaschule, Springtoifel, Oxo 86, The Busters, El Bosso und die Ping Pongs

a word about "Die Ärzte" and "Toten Hosen":
They are both very well known here, even by non-punks. Especially "Die Ärzte" have become a pop band recently and always sounded like pop-punk. "Toten Hosen" are politically engaged, for example during the G8 summits, though they´ve evolved away from punk.

Places:
more or less these are places that have something to do with the squat scene or the anti-war, anti-system movement some years back.
- Köpi (~Christiania) and the Berlin squat scene in the 80s (Vorkriegsjugend)
- AK47 in Düsseldorf (I think it was a squat years back)
- Hafenstraße at Hamburg (Slime)

If you need more different information about German Oi, Crust or whatever ask.......some of the (90s) bands I mentioned are known in the scene, but I for example don´t like them......
So Tom, what's your opinion on Terrorgruppe? I like them, even though they are pretty much pop-punk.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
^I used to listen to them when I got into punk, I think their music is more or less comparable to better pop punk bands, but their lyrics are boring I think, but I think you don´t care for that so much
You should check out some WIZO stuff, if you like that