Just got a vox v847 wah and love it so far but there is a problem. When I activate it and the pedal is still down there is quite a bit of hum like you would get from say a distortion pedal however all i've got is the wah going through the amp on clean however when i move the wah so that the heel is down the buzzing goes and so when using the wah it goes from "buzz to silent, buzz to silent, buzz to silent" etc.

It also sucks a bit of my tone due to it not being true bypass but i've ordered the true bypass mod kit so that should be ok! Can anyone help me with the buzzing/hum?
Sounds like a bad pot to me. Try buying a new wah pot.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
I just bought a new switch to make it into true bypass, should this help?
Any more help? I dont wanna add this new switch only to find out it still hums like a bitch. lol.

Edit: would a noise gate fix the hum?
Last edited by livnew at Oct 3, 2009,
Probably a bad pot. A new true bypass wil do it great anyways. I'd get a new switch.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Ok so shall I just install the new switch and play it by there however after I installed the switch I doubt I could take it back so will it be hard to fix?
If you can solder, and follow a diagra it will be pretty easy, check the guitar wiring thread for big list of diagrams including how to add a true bypass switch.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Ok and will this fix the buzzing?

If it doesn't then what do I do? I can't take it back cause I would have modified it?!
I was about six there. You don't want to see me go to ten. Get your shit. We're going to my room.
If you do it correctly, the pot and the switch. It should yes. Make sure everything is soldered nice though.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ