I am sure there are other threads about this so i apologize but i just wanted to get some advice, tips and opinions on playing and recording with feeling.

Me and my girlfriend are currently working on a bunch of songs that we're going to be recording once they're completed. We are also working on a few instrumentals aswell as we like to push ourselves. Just for your knowledge i play bass, program drums, guitar and synth and my girlfriend sings, plays piano, keyboards and violin.

Alot of the songs have an angry feeling in the lyrics and music and this is where my problem is. When we write the lyrics and start making the music it captures how i feel at that very moment in time. But as time goes by and we keep working on that and other songs there are times when i play the songs and it feels like i am not playing with the same mood and that i'm just going through the motions.

Now i know i cant be angry all the time but i was wondering how do you guys and girls play and most importantly record your songs so that they capture 100% the feelinsg you are trying to portray? How do you tap into those feelings especially if on the day you record or play live you're feeling the complete opposite of what the music is? I have read a few articles on it and have started trying them out and i must say they are slowly starting to work but wanted some more advice etc;

I just want to be able to sit back after all the recording is done and think that i couldnt have out anymore into those parts instead of wishing i could have done it again.

Thanks for any advice or replies.
Bass....How low can you go?????
try and put yourself into the mindset of when you wrote the song, think about what you were thinking about then.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Have a beer.
And if your into it, cover your hands in vaseline, put gloves on and watch war at the warfield
--------------
-15b(17)~-
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
Record in the hour before you go to bed when you're really chilled out for the quieter songs, and early in the day when you're at your most alert for the faster songs. Also think of stuff that reflects the mood of the song when you're recording it.

I envy you for being able to make music with your girlfriend
Quote by GerGuam
--------------
-15b(17)~-
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------

Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Looooots Ooooooof Vibratooooo.

But no, try playing with the tempo, instruments used, texture, etc. Though it may have an angry 'feeling', it's these ^ and more that tell you it's angry.
Try to think of everything that pisses you off while your singing, as well as what you were thinking back then, like remember some things that happened that day to make you write that song.
Quote by turd_ferguson
[0:17] If my parents knew I was part of a group who celebrated christmas by drinking cough syrup they would probably cry

WEATHERER, the greatest band ever.
Quote by GerGuam
--------------
-15b(17)~-
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------

That should've been /thread.
Quote by Saf1
Just get your head to the times which made you angry. Since you always write angry songs I guess that's all the time. You know, like SCHOOL and PARENTS and MIZZUNDERSTOOD and ONE DAY THEY'LL SEE

seriously blud, you ave to split up wit ur missus ofawize you aint got da blues innit?