Page 1 of 2
If someone is "Way out of your league", what exactly is it that makes them of a higher rank than you?

Attractiveness? Intelligence? Social status? Outgoing-ness?

Can one ascend to a higher league, or similarly, drop to a lower one?

DISCLAIMER: No, it's not that I've asked someone out and been refused. This was actually inspired by the trailer of the film "The Invention of Lying". And please don't refer to sports leagues, the League of Nations, Jules Verne or the Justice League.
Last edited by sashki at Oct 3, 2009,
Always social status. Which in turn is defined by attractiveness, intelligence, or whatever is being regarded as high social status in that circle.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Always social status. Which in turn is defined by attractiveness, intelligence, or whatever is being regarded as high social status in that circle.

This, different emphasis on each quality with different social circles though I guess.

Oh and that film is awesome.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
A combination of those.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Quote by Kensai

What about between different "circles"?
Or does that automatically put the two people out of each others' leagues?

Also, can a person become objectively better in order to date people who were previously out of his/her league?
Last edited by sashki at Oct 3, 2009,
Quote by sashki

Attractiveness? Intelligence? Social status? Outgoing-ness?

there you go
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
no one is out of my league, not just because I'm awesome and super attractive, its mainly because I'm a serial rapist
Well, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is based on skills that make them good crime fighters. Such as one being a female vampire...?
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Quote by Here_is_no_why
Well, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is based on skills that make them good crime fighters. Such as one being a female vampire...?

you missed this one in your disclaimer
It doesn't always necessarily mean that person is classified as "better" than you, it could also mean they are a different person altogether, such as they are a total prep who listens to nothing but the latest hip hop garbage and you are a elitist death metal head.

Usually people are classed by the music they enjoy. Some groups get along better with others and some don't connect at all.

All in all it's just another stupid capitalistic social classification.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
You can ascend and descend "leagues", it happens at my school all the time. It seems to me that these "leauges" are all in your head....i reckon if you didn't know you were unpopular you'd be much more outgoing and end up being popular (unless you're a freak)

EDIT: i'm not talking at you specifically TS, but generally
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
no one is out of my league, not just because I'm awesome and super attractive, its mainly because I'm a serial rapist

sigged.
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Quote by sashki

Also, can a person become objectively better in order to date people who were previously out of his/her league?

Regarding your second question, yes, I'm pretty certain you can ascend/descend/change leagues. Years ago, no girl in her right mind would have considered dating me, but after working on my social skills/appearance, I have had pretty/fun/interesting girls interested in me.

If I sound like I'm boasting, I don't mean to, I'm just trying to provide an example.
It definately social status.

I see ugly, idiots going out with the hottest of girls.

Its not fair cos I am both clever and apparently "hawt", and I never get girls

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Let's say it depends on anyone's view of it, but superiority is the question here, while I find that topic highly arguable it's still something that lurks in the society.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Quote by Antis0cial
How does this "out of your league" thing work? I never had any experience with it

You know that girl? The one who's captain of the cheerleading squad?

Go ask her out.

Then report back.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
You know that girl? The one who's captain of the cheerleading squad?

Go ask her out.

Then report back.

We don't have cheerleading squads over here.
Quote by Antis0cial
We don't have cheerleading squads over here.

....you poor deprived child.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Kensai

Could not have said it better, as usual, Kensai.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
Quote by valennic
....you poor deprived child.

Says the one with a country which like 75% of the people are obese.
Quote by Well.......
The "out of my league" is just confidence thing.

exactly, there are no such things as leagues if you have confidence or a great personality.

I've seen girls turn down guys who they think are hot cause they have no pesronality. I've also seen girls dating dudes who you would think were "losers" when you first saw them, but after getting to know them they are really cool guys.
I wish I was still in school, so I could care about this thread.
Fine Purveyors of Paederasty Since 1853
Quote by MoroneSaxatilis
Could not have said it better, as usual, Kensai.

Out of your league, dude.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Quote by rtbsmgsmf
exactly, there are no such things as leagues if you have confidence or a great personality.

I've seen girls turn down guys who they think are hot cause they have no pesronality. I've also seen girls dating dudes who you would think were "losers" when you first saw them, but after getting to know them they are really cool guys.

Isn't that always the case, though?

Losers tend to have nice personalities. Hot guys don't really need personalities, anyway.
Quote by Antis0cial
Says the one with a country which like 75% of the people are obese.

Oooh, ouch, that hit really deep

I personally despise my country, so you insulting it doesnt really matter to me.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by sashki

Losers tend to have nice personalities. Hot guys don't really need personalities, anyway.

usually the case, although i have ment people who i thought were losers and sure enough they were. its just not nice personality either, it helps, but confidence in yourself (not cocky), is what girl like in a guy. that and and sense of humor.
Quote by sashki

Thats me. I consider everyone out of my league.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Quote by sashki

One's perception of social status is always based on one's own league. I don't think being able to shred is awesome for example, but in another circle that might be god status.

Then there's the frame of mind thing. People with strong frames of minds (when it comes to what's high social status or not) can convince others from a different circle what's high social status. So someone who raps can enter the previously mentioned shredding-circle and "vow" them all, subsequently giving rap a higher social status than shredding just because he does it, and he's a cool guy.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Page 1 of 2